Long time no "see" ... Sad news inside! :-(

dutchessmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone. I am posting this message here because most of you on here know me. I have some really sad news. As you all know Dutchess has had many kittens in here life. I was finally able to get the money together to get her fixed, and not 2 months after that, she was killed. It has been a couple of weeks now. She had this habit of sitting under my durango while it was parked, no big deal, and she always stayed under it really still while I backed out. One morning, I saw her under there, backed out and thought, I should really get her back inside. But I was late for work. Well, apparently there is a mini-pack of 3 dogs in our neighborhood who have homes, but are mostly wild. They chased her and killed her. It was not pretty. Unfortunately, it was my daughters 6 and 7 year old friends who adored her who found her.

I guess I am fortunate that I still have 3 of her babies and Warlock, but this is too many cats. The kittens are now 4 1/2 months old, and I need to worry about getting them fixed ASAP as 2 of them are boys and one is a girl. More stress. Not to mention that our house is getting foreclosed on. Ugh. Anyway, thought you all should know about Dutchess since you helped me SO much while she was pregnant!

Take care of your kitties. Keep them inside.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm soo sorry for your loss -and especially for your little girls who had to find her that way. Will keep you all in our prayers for healing.

Sometimes we have to learn hard lessons in life. Hopefully this will be a reminder of the dangers in letting your cat outside and not supervised.

I hope things will look better soon on house, kitties, etc. Its rough but you gain strength going thru the bad times.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dutchessmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
In the last 4 weeks, we got notice of the foreclosure, my favorite cat gets killed and my youngest daughter had to go to the hospital. Add on that just 6 weeks ago I started back to work full time after being home with the kids almost 7 years! Yeah, all done with stress. August sucks, September HAS to be better!

Sorry....vented there. Thank you all for your kind responses. We really do need to keep these kitties in! Great way to prevent death and fleas!

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Sometimes we have to learn hard lessons in life. Hopefully this will be a reminder of the dangers in letting your cat outside and not supervised.
Definitely!!!!

Originally Posted by DutchessMom

In the last 4 weeks, we got notice of the foreclosure, my favorite cat gets killed and my youngest daughter had to go to the hospital. Add on that just 6 weeks ago I started back to work full time after being home with the kids almost 7 years! Yeah, all done with stress. August sucks, September HAS to be better!

Sorry....vented there. Thank you all for your kind responses. We really do need to keep these kitties in! Great way to prevent death and fleas!
Gosh I'm so so so sorry about your loss of your precious kitty AND all the other stuff going on!!! I have months like that too where EVERYTHING seems to go wrong.

I am sending you major vibes and prayers that things get better for you!!!!!!

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG so so sorry to hear about the loss of Dutchess!

Hopefully everything will be okay - August will be over soon!
Hang in there (as much as you can anyway)

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
im so very sorry about the death of dutchess, and sorry to hear from you under such bad times.
i hope things start to look up soon for you and your family.

danad

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am very sorry for your loss. I hope things get better for you soon & less stress.