Long Or Short Hair?! Help

Hollyp06

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone!
This is a little 3/4 Siamese 1/4 ragdoll mainecoon cross..

Can anyone tell me if she'll have long hair like a ragdoll?
Or short like a Siamese!

Thank you :)

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
She seems to have some pretty long ear furnishings (those fluffs in the ears), so I'm guessing she'll end up as a longhair. She's a cutie!

missprincess92

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Not entirely sure, so don't take my word for it. But, she's looking like she's gonna bee a long hair. She's quite fluffy. & so adorable it's crazy! (:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hollyp06

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you both!!
I'm debating getting this cutie, I'd really like a long haired cat so I'm hoping she will be :)

Attachments

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Adorable! Seems to have long haired kitten fluff so will probably be long haired as an adult. Maybe not as long as a pedigreed Maine coon cat, but longish.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Observe, if these parental siameses were purebred, ie purebred shorthairs, the kitten cant get longhair.

But if they are "siameses", i.e. being de facto pointed mixes of almost anything, yes, they may have carried the longhair gene - and thus, this kitten may easily have the genes for longhair.

Now, to tell the truth, even among purebreds, outcross to Balinese may be allowed, so theoretically pedigreed siameses MAY carry the longhair gene. But its rare exceptions.