Long Labor for Cat

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh goodness, the worst of both worlds! First you get extremely tired, then they cut you open. My first was a Caesarean (breech), but my second (daughter) was natural.

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom always teased my mom for having a big baby 8lb4oz. Then she went and had 10lb4oz baby! She can't talk anymore after that! No ceceran either...don't know how she did it...

timestreason

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A family friend has big (and late) babies...the latest was about 11 pounds at birth (two weeks late), but the one before, a girl, was 13 pounds...

I never knew that cats could have multiple-conceptions like that! I had pretty much figured out that multiple toms could have at a queen, but I didn't know that if one cat impregnanted her on one day, and another on a week or so later, that she'd go into labour twice (or more, depending). huh!

ardnax

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Our cat Bailey went into labor this past Wednesday at about 8pm, had one kitten very quickly, and then no more. She wasn't in labor, she was acting normally but we could still feel kittens kicking around in there. She didn't have the other 2 kittens until 1am Friday morning and they are all just fine. I was worried because she went so long between births, but the fact that she wasn't actively laboring made me feel a little better. Anyhoo....mommy and babies are doing fine now.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never had a cat have kittens at different times. My queens first litter was five and they were all born with-in 45 mins to an hour. I had 1 very tiny kitten and assumed it was because of different conceptions, but all were born
at the same time.

My brother was like 10 or 11 pounds. Born natural with a cord around his neck, with a really long labor, very late, I don't think I could have done it!
My daughter was 5lbs 12 1/4oz, she was also 10days early, and from the time my water broke till she was born was just under 9 hours (no labor after my water broke for two hours, so it was mabey 7 hours of just pain) and it was all I could take, she is my first and last!