Long haired "Halloween" cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

h3ybrad

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I had a short haired siamese when I was a teen. I haven't had a cat since then until now. I'm allergic to cats so usually it takes a few days for my body to adjust to a specific cat and long haired cats are even worse for me but what's funny is that I had absolutely no allergic reaction to her which I guess means we were meant to be together! haha

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I had a short haired siamese when I was a teen. I haven't had a cat since then until now. I'm allergic to cats so usually it takes a few days for my body to adjust to a specific cat and long haired cats are even worse for me but what's funny is that I had absolutely no allergic reaction to her which I guess means we were meant to be together! haha
If having a siamese is important to you, we can pretend you almost got one.

The cousin breed of  orientale, whom are solid [colored, often black].   And long haired orientale?   I think some say Javanese on them.   While others say just long haired Orientale...  Long haired orientale tend to not have the same prolonged muzzles as modern Orientales do have.   Frankly, somewhat of a paralell to Balinese, whom are essentially long / medium haired Siameses...

What she is,  we cant knwo for sure, not without papers or at least, reliable proofs of her parentage.

What we may talk about is the look-alike...

Last edited:

h3ybrad

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for the reply Stefanz! I actually was not planning on getting a cat, My friend found her and couldn't keep her so I took her. She is awesome and I am so happy to have her here in the house. My children love her too!

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Beautiful kitty :heart3: She looks like a black panther :lol3:

I agree with StefanZ I think you can compare her to an Oriental. Which as StefanZ says is basically a solid colored Siamese.

She is one gorgeous kitty and I love her eyes. :D Super glossy, shiny coat too

h3ybrad

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you Gem!! She does look like a black panther! I have much to learn though with her. Do I give her a bath from time to time? How do I do it if so? Etc. etc. I joined this site so that I may learn how to spoil my little girl even more than I already do. She loves attention and the kids give her a lot. So do I. My wife hates cats so she has nothing to do with her but at least she respected me and the kids wanting her. She does NOT like her belly rubbed and has drawn blood from me and both kids to let us know that. I don't know if cats like their bellies rubbed or not as I have only had dogs, birds and fish for the last 27 years and dogs love belly rubs. I am so happy I found this site!