Long hair mixed breed... with a mustache!

frenchfried

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

9 months old

1 1/2 years old

3 years old

4 years old

This is Burkasaurus Rex (Burke), my rescue kitty. I adopted him at 3 months old. He is now 4 years old and weighs 12 pounds, which my vet does not consider to be overweight for his size. He has a medium length blue bicolor coat. His coat is soft and silky to the touch with a wooly undercoat. His coat is longest around his neck, on his chest, and on his belly. The fur "breaks" on the back of his neck and on his belly. His eyes are wide and round, were gold when he was a kitten and now change between very light, pale green and gold (they are usually gold in the warmer months, green in the colder months.) He has a round head with full cheeks. His ears are pointed with large tufts of hair inside and behind them, small tufts on the tips. Very long whiskers. He is laid back but loves to play with his Kong Kickeroo, toy mice, hair ties, and q-tips. He is very friendly and gets along with everyone as long as they are calm, gentle, and respect his boundaries, which he makes clear. He is an avid (and efficient) hunter, having killed and delivered many mice in the sand pit in the unfinished basement in our old house. He will not make friends with dogs but he tolerates them; he hasn't been around other cats and he will attack small animals (like I said, avid hunter.)

I don't know if this is sufficient information, and I know its a long shot as hes probably from a line of mixed breed cats, but... what breeds do you think Burke is?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

frenchfried

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Also, one of his litter mates was at the shelter with him... he looked very similar to Burke, but his body wasn't as long, his coat was shorter (Burke's was at the time compared to now as well, but his brother's was shorter), he was solid blue, and his cheeks were fuller/muzzle not as prominent.

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi and welcome to the site :wavey:

He is very beautiful :D

He would be classed as a blue and white domestic longhair ;)

Most of the cat population are beautiful domestics and are not any particular breed or even mix of breeds. Only a small percentage of the population are pedigree breeds or even mixes of pedigree breeds. (Something like 3%) You see in cats, domestics were here long before pedigree breeds came about Pedigree breeds actually came from selective breeding of the domestic cat population not the other way round like dogs.

Unlike dogs that have had much more human control over their breeding. So much so that most dogs are pure breed and even mutts have some pedigree ancestors.
Cats are totally different, they have not had the human control so much over their breeding. So most of cat population have just random bred on their own with other cats in the same area. Which means very few, if any have pedigree ancestors. These cats are known as domestics and about 97% of the cat population are domestics.

snufkin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Haha I love his mustache so much :D what an adorable fuzzface!

kittywhiskers

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'd say his breed was a "Hercule Poirot" cat. :lol3: just kidding. He is a gorgeous boy!. :catguy:

Welcome to TCS :wavey: