Long hair kitten who gets into anything wet/stucky...What to use in the bath

paws4life

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My kitten Amaya seems to get into wet and sticky...I have just cleaned her with a damp cloth but I had to bath her and had nothing for her so I used sunlight dish soap (I know I shouldn't) but her fur was all stuck together.... What is recommended for a kitten from petvalue or walmart?  Can I use baby shampoo? looking for tips also she has very long thick hair and  she likes water :)

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't think there's harm in using baby shampoo as long as you rinse well.  Hopefully, she'll learn to groom herself soon and you won't have to worry too much about this!  She's really pretty!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

paws4life

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

There are 3 others who groom but when she's sticky no one wants to touch her lol it takes a lot of work to return her to this :)

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Plain baby shampoo works well. I wouldn't use any of the scented ones on my cats, but I've heard of people using the lavender baby shampoo. You can also use the original Dawn dish detergent. Make sure it's not the concentrated formula or any of the antibacterial or scented ones.

franksmom

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think a specially formulated pet shampoo is probably best. Also have you tried pet wipes? I have two long haired cats and I find they work really well to get any dirt off. 

sez2929

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Either pet shampoo or just johnsons no more tears baby shampoo does the trick, if you can get unscented even better.