long distant relationships

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Put me down for another long distance relationship. Or rather, marriage.

I met Jake online and after a few months, I went t othe States and we married. I stayed there for 6 years and then I returned and he is still there - I wanted him to finish school first and he will be here may. We talk on AIM every day, it is not the easiest thing but we do cope. He was just here for christmas and we had a wonderful time. It is all about loving and trusting each other and knowing that things will be ok in the end.

I count my blessings because I think of those who have to be separated from their loved ones when they are over in the war in Iraq - I have nothing on those, what they must be feeling must be the worst, not knowing if they are okay. I am very lucky.

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if I believe in long distance relationships. I have been in one that ultimately did not work out. I have even recently given considerable thought to long distance relationships with people other than love interests. My best friend moved away 10 months ago. Little by little I see us drifting apart as each of us sets new routines and meets new people. We don't interact on a daily basis, and sometimes it's too tough to relate stories and events when it's a marathon to explain all the players involved.

Just my

kaleetha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hang in there!!

My s/o and I were in different towns two hours apart (I know, not as extreme as some of these stories, but when you don't have a car....) for the first 6 months of our relationship. Then we were apart this whole summer! I certainly feel for you and it will work out.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I met Gil through a friend in July and after endless phone conversations we finally started seeing each other in November.

He's a good 5 hours train ride away from me but like he said " The distance will only be an issue if i make it one ", plus he's planning on moving further down nearer to me once his house is sorted out.

We ring each other every night and that helps