Londoners: Last minute advice needed

cairo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The good, the bad, and the ugly on food in London please.
I'm leaving in 5 hours, but I will read this thread when I land. I have my visit planned, and I'm down to needing good places to eat lunch and dinner near the following tube stations.

Victoria
St. James Park
Tower Hill
Waterloo
London Bridge
Oxford Circus

What I'm looking for if at all possible is a nice place to relax and enjoy food. I know it will be hard, but I would like to know if there are any non-touristy places to eat around those areas. I know in some of those areas probably all the restaurants are full of tourists, but in those cases I'd like to know what are the better establishments.

I'd prefer casual over fancy, nice atmosphere over good food, and good beer over good wine
. Also what are good traditional foods there?

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Roast beef and Yorkshire pudding at Harrods is a must - lunch. So is tea at Fortnum and Mason
. If you're around Oxford Circus, then look up Satay Stick - possibly the best Malaysian food to be found in London
hmmmm What else, lemme get back to you, I'll think of more later I'm sure!

The first two are definitely touristy - but, well worth the effort

Oh and if you get to Bayswater - Kam Thong is excellent Chinese (especially the duck rice) and Khan's is arguably one of the best Northern Indian restaurant you can find anywhere!