Logging on/off habits

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I never log out- I just click on "remember me" so I don't have to. I just close the screen out when I'm ready to leave.
same here - sometimes I leave it up all the time in a tab and refresh when I come back to the computer, others I close the browser

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

I stay on. I don't think I ever log out. I am the only user on my computer so it doens't matter!
The only time I am logged out is when my puter is off

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have remember me checked cuz I have a million passwords to remember.
I just click out of the site when I am done and come back a million times during the day.
I have the site in my favorites.

markvg

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

I always log out and log back in. Just to keep the security habits going incase of a hack or someone gets onto my computer...

...I don't keep myself logged on ANYWHERE!

I work on different computers all day long. I got into the habit of always logging off of everything. It is a good policy if you are on different computers. An uproar happened at my work many years ago with people not logging off of things. People got in trouble with someone snooping around and looking at stuff. I didn't get in trouble because I'm a good boy.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never log out, but I never thought of hackers either.
I have a really dumb question. I'm pretty stupid when it comes to computers.
I always shut my computer down when I'm done or it shuts itself off within a few minutes of the screen saver coming on.(something I need to have checked out)
Anyway, the dumb question is.....if I shut the computer off am I logged out and not vulnerable to hackers, or do I have to log off. This site is on my favorites and I just click on there when I turn my computer on and want to come here.
I know it sounds like a silly question but I just don't know and you are all so nice that I thought I could ask without feeling like a dummy for not knowing!
Thanks! I could use some knowledge from those that know lots more than me.