Locking A Cat In A Room To Let Her Sleep?

slayerming2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I have a 19 week kitten, and being a kitten she sleeps a lot. But when I'm at home she'll usually sleep super near me or on me, and I have to move around to use the bathroom or do normal activities waking her up. The only solution I can think of is keeping her in my bedroom for a few hours whenever I see she is sleeping. She normally sleeps in my bedroom at night, and it has toys, litter, and water. Thoughts?

Just worried since I don't know if she'll be upset being locked up, but at the same time I want her to get enough sleep.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't worry about her getting enough sleeep. She will :D. If you have to get up, just move her, it's good for her to get used to that anyway. She won't lose any sleep over it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

slayerming2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Don't worry about her getting enough sleeep. She will :D. If you have to get up, just move her, it's good for her to get used to that anyway. She won't lose any sleep over it.
So I shouldn't lock her in a room?

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She'll be happier near you when you're home than isolated by herself. Just lift her and gently set her back down on something soft when you need to use the restroom or cook or clean or whatever you need to do. She'll sleep most of the time you're not home.