loa

clive

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hi can anyone tell me plese how long my cat will be on heat for she is an indoor cat age about 1 and a half years old female its driving me nuts any advise please will be a great help is there anything i can do wether it costs money or not she is such an adorable cat and loving lola has had one lot of kittens before she was given to me by my best mate she has a cat as well but my mate says shes not an outdoor cat i really am lost with this as to what to do non stop meowing then goes to sleep wakes up starts meowing again as she is meowing she starts to put her behind up you cant stroke her cause she will put her behind up again i hope thi makes sense cause im nt at all good with putting words together or communicating

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She needs to be spayed. Call your vet and make an appointment quick! :) That will stop all this kind of behavior, and will prevent certain health problems.

Cats are in heat frequently, in and out all season. You can't put a time limit on it like you can with dogs.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anywhere from 2-14 days, and then go off for anywhere from 2-30 days. So do get her desexing appointment set up, some vets will spay while in heat, others won't but if you make it for around 5 days time you should be ok

Keeping her in a smallish darkened room, it can help calm her down by not being able to wander around

lynx13

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Don't do as what I did. My cat got in heat two times this year I didn't spayed her or mate her. The last time she got grumpy and depressed.
She started doing everything less than usual (eating, drinking, playing, grooming..etc) She lost too much weight now I am paying the price for my vet bill to get her back on track again.

Also, (as what I read) these things leads into major health issue and uterus diseases. So get her spayed asap or mate her.

stealthkitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
@lynx13: Thanks for sharing your own experience. That's a good example of the danger of not spaying a cat. But I have to disagree with one point there. People, do not mate your cats! There are far too many homeless cats already. Producing more kittens only adds to the problem, and even if they are placed in homes, those homes could have taken in a cat already in need. Not to hound you about it, Lynx, but just to explain the point, breeding more kittens that aren't part of a registered, pedigree program is irresponsible, and (I dare say) selfish.