Lizzie

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sooo sorry about Lizzy. Please don't feel like you didn't do enough. I still wonder if there was more I could have done for ours. Sometimes you don't know until it's too late. Cats are very good at hiding when they are in pain or are not feeling well.
I think you made the best possible choice available at the time. I know that it may seem hard now, but in time your heart will heal.
She will now be able to rest in peace.

Sabrina

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the kind words, Sabrina.
It's so hard not to second guess myself, but when I think back and remember Lizzie's eyes before she got sick they were always so full of sparkle, like her little kitty brain was thinking "What can I get into now that will tick Mom off"

But the last few days she was with us, her eyes looked like dolls eyes..looking at things but not caring what it was that she saw...there was no more life in her sweet eyes.
I know that if she could have talked to me that night, she would have told me that it was okay.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lizzie my sweet Angel,

It was a year ago last night that you went to the Bridge yet it seems like only yesterday that you were here chasing Annabelle and Elliott or protecting your beloved sister Gracie from Elliott's sneak attacks.

When we went to the Vet that night, my head knew that you weren't coming home with us but my heart didn't want to believe it.
I wanted to beleive that the Vet would say you had some minor thing wrong with you that could be easily fixed and that we'd have you with us for years and years to come.
The look on his face that night told me everything, there was nothing he could do.
Baby girl I hope you know that we would have taken a second mortage on the house if it meant you would get well, but we were told no amount of money would save you.

We knew the most loving thing we could do was to let you go to the Bridge where you wouldn't be sick any more we also knew that if we did try to keep you alive it would have been for US and not for YOU, because we weren't ready to let you go.
I hope you know it was me that was holding you and telling you how much we loved you when you left for the Bridge....actually I believe that you DO know it was me.

We all miss you so very much Lizzie, but nobody misses you as much as your Gracie.
Oh Lizzie it broke my heart to hear her cry for you and go to the door and lay up next to it with her paws on it and meow..she knew you left out that door and she just couldn't figure out why her best friend didn't come back through it.

You know how much Gracie loved to cuddle with you and how the two of you with groom each other for hours...for a little while there was nobody for Gracie to do that with.
Then one day I saw her and Annabelle grooming each other...Annabelle even let Gracie nibble on her ears...just like you used to let her do.
Elliott cuddles with her now and her and Annabelle sometimes sleep together in the bed that you used to share with her.

So don't worry about your dear Gracie, Annabelle has taken up where you left off.
I know that she still misses you, we all still miss you sweetheart and we always will.

I hope you forgive me for not realizing just how sick you were sooner.

We love you as much today as we did the first time we laid eyes on you.
You'll be in our hearts forever sweet girl, we love you

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i know your
is hurting, but your head knows you did the right thing for her. i'm glad you were able to stay w/her, too - that way, she went to the bridge in the arms of someone she loved, & who loved her.
for you, & a
for Lizzie.
don't 2nd guess yourself, btw - it doesn't help, & cats hid illness exceptionally well.