Living room remodel

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree that a kitchen redo is a pain. We started ours in the winter months and lived on microwave food -bleech!! I had the laundry sink for dishes so that wasn't terrible and one realizes what you actually can survive with for a kitchen.

We laid a small bluestone path by the garden shed and used the older circular saw with a diamond blade to cut the stone as it cut fairly easy. Since we have laid our own two walkways, the patio and the front entrance (those with pavers) I can provide tips.
Like any project not really hard just takes a long time. We should have bought a wet saw and resold it though vs the number of times we rented one!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Wow Amy, everything looks so gorgeous. You guys have really great taste! Adding those windows just changed the room completely. I LOVE the new fireplace. The stone is just gorgeous and the surround cabinet just completes the look. I love how you kept the ceiling after removing the beams. It all looks really nice! I bet the view of the lake is to die for now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you everyone. DH and I are both a bit eccentric so sometimes I worry that our tastes are out in left field somewhere. It's a very good feeling to know that you can do things like this and it comes out good on the other end.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! That looks great! You guys did a wonderful job! I have to say i really love what you two did with the fireplace- those stones look awesome!!