Livin' with cats on the road

holtwebb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I live full-time in a motorhome traveling around the country for my Vanishing America Project. I travel with my two cats, Reggie and Missy. Reggie is a tuxedo with an attitude and Missy is a sweet calico. I am a photographer, so, naturally, I have some great shots of them. But, I'm new to this site, so I still have to figure out how to upload the pics.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to you and Reggie and Missy.

A lot of us have accounts with photohosting sites (I use www.photobucket. com ) and then post pics from there.

Hope to see pics of your furkids soon!

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to you and your babies!
I look forward to pictures. I am interested in photography myself, but am just getting started.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We traveled with a truck cat for quite a while. Two different ones, in fact. Punkin was the last one, and he doesn't mind the motorhome much.

Welcome to TCS. And we ARE looking forward to those photos.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there
we're so happy to get the chance to welcome you and your lovely furfamily to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi hun and welcome. I know you will love it here at TCS, everyone is fab, I look forward to chatting to you soon and seeing you kitties. xx

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome! That's cool that you've got road kitties to keep you company! What, if I may ask, is your Vanishing America Project? Sounds intriguing..

Anyway, looking forward to seeing pics of your babies!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow! It sounds like you lead an interesting life! I look forward to hearing about it. Welcome to TCS!
Angie

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, that's interesting!! You live my dream life!!!
Can't wait to hear all about it!!!!!!! Please keep coming back!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina
Milky
y Horacio
te saludan!!!

(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS, Catulina ,Milky & Horatio say hello to you!!!...
)

Please feel as you home here, we can learn so much and deep about out kittys in this marvelous site, I just only please ask you read the rules and other stuffs that can help you to feel as you Real home!..
here you have the link my friend.
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82565

Please ask whatever you need to know, there are plenty of good members and of course our tireness Mod´s to help us here!....

See you on the forums!, Glad you join us!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS!

Fellow RV-ers here.
We were on the road full time from 1994 - 2004, actually. We aren't photographers.... just odd balls.
Actually work in equity research (Wall Street).

We moved into a house in summer 2004, but DH became quite ill and I couldn't care for the property anymore... so we moved back into the RV in summer of 2008. It was us and six cats - now it's us and 7 - and we don't have slide outs.
Took out the dining area and put in cat trees and window perches. They have most of the overhead cabinets, and they also have all the storage space under the bed. We lined a good part of the bedroom with shelves - for kitties/kitty beds. They also have the tv cabinet spaces.

I'm sure you've noticed - RV parks have a lot of ferals/semi-ferals and strays. We trap-neuter-and-release them. We're basically stationary now, but we keep her in condition and in running order. (A 38' Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE).

Where "everywhere" have you been? And do you do fancy parks as well as rustic?

I'd also love to hear more about the Vanishing America project!