Liver issue Kitty

Rosalita

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, a good friend has referred me to your site. I have an 8 year old cat, who I noticed when I was petting her had lost a significant amount of weight, and was deydrated. Because she was so fluffy I didn't notice she was losing weight. I took her to the vets after feeding her and trying to rehydrate, as she started to just hang over her bowls without drinking. She had a tooth problem as well, that may have caused her to not eat. Her blood work came back with liver issues.
The vet gave her clindamycin (which gave her diarrhea) and denosyl tablets (which I could not get down her throat). She received vitamin B12 shot, Newcells vitamin supplement injection, and famotidine injection.
Platelets were high, calcium, sodium, and potassium were near the high range,ALT 515 U/L, ALP 71 U/L, GGT 15 U/L, Bilirubin 20 umol/L
impairment of GFR unlikely, total T4 27 mnol/L, SNAP fPL Normal result
Any help would be appreciated...

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! Welcome, with your first post!!

Have you talked with the vet regarding the denosyl? Is the vet going to take care of the dental issues?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rosalita

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! Welcome, with your first post!!

Have you talked with the vet regarding the denosyl? Is the vet going to take care of the dental issues?
Yes..I asked for the medicine that is like denosyl that is a chewable and to give with food