Liver Disease, Kitty in Hospital

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Originally Posted by violentdayzie

If anyone comes a-stumbling through the internet to this thread looking for help with this awful, life-threatening disease, and is worried about whether or not they're doing the right thing by their cat - I want them to know that this has absolutely been worth the expense and the sleep deprivation. Get a good vet that you can trust, and don't be afraid of the feeding tube, and don't beat yourself up if you find that your cat can't handle all of the feedings. We never did get all the way up to a full can of a/d a day - she just couldn't take that much food at each feeding, no matter how it was spread out. That was one of the most frustrating parts of all of this, and I often felt as if I was failing her somehow.... but one day she just started eating, and another day I woke up and she wasn't yellow anymore. That was surprising, too. I thought that the jaundice was going to be something that gradually went away, but I swear it was an almost overnight difference in her color. I don't know if that's typical or not.
Omg. I am going through almost the same thing. My cat has Cholangiohepatitis, and his liver is very messed up. We just started force feeding yesterday. http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=215150

Bet you didn't think that someone was going to 'stumble' across your thread so fast. You give me SO MUCH hope.
Thank you so much. You and your kitty are AMAZING!!!

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That's great news that she has gained an entire pound in just a couple of days!
I'm so happy for you and Miss Moneypenny. It's worth every dime spent when it's a good outcome. And that your story is helping Katkisses and her Bear is even better.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

violentdayzie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I still think this was a very silly protest on her part to my going on vacation without her. Hmph! I might be too scared to go anywhere for summer break now - though this has put such a dent in my finances that I guess it's not that big a concern anyway. :p