Live With Ex-boyfriend - Threatening Eviction - Need Maryland Resources

4theloveofcats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Situation:
Paying half of all utilities and the mortgage of exboyfriend I live with until I can move away January 1.
This was the agreement as I am relocating cross country.
I have contributed a lot over the years but now he is demanding I pay both his first and second mortgage by the 15th or he will throw my stuff out on the lawn.
What he is doing to me is total gaslighting mental abuse. I know he is basically a fiend and I have to move soon.
In addition to taking care of HIS cat (who he will keep and who I pray for as he only wants the cat for affection not to exactly take care of her properly) I also did all yardwork, projects and cooking here. Such a horrible waste of time. I will never live with a man again who I am not married to!
I am so scared right now and am not comforted that I can fight him as his Mother and family are powerful and he is a lawyer.
That's why he believes he could get away with just throwing me out of the street without getting in huge trouble.
Anyway, I simply am looking for the best resources in case I can only take two of my four my cats with me (every rental I am looking at states 2 pets max)
I am in Maryland right now, live inside the Beltway near DC.
A huge problem for finding a cheap rental quickly is that I never used credit and my credit rating is zilch.
If anyone can direct me to good resources I would so appreciate it:

1. A good non kill sanctuary for two cats.

or

2. Cat friendly rentals in Maryland or New York City suburbs (where I'm moving back to)

800-1500 rent with some utilities included is the range. A long term house share would be fine. Must have internet because I work from home and am partially disabled (ehlers danlos)

Thanks guys!

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I found this website that ma be helpful, K just don't know: No Kill Animal Shelters - The nØkill Network

You can pick whatever state you chose and lists will come up showing different no kill shelters. It's a starting place, at least.

As far as your own housing goes, not sure we'll be able to help you with that, but you never know. Maybe someone from the areas you mentioned will see this and have some advice for you on that aspect.

Best of luck to you. I'd definitely take Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 's advice and seek your own legal council.