Little Wound Under Nose?

Cabiliam

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,

I just presented myself in the social forum section. I apologize for using this forum for advice with my second message, but here it is.
My cat has a little injury (no blood) under his nose. I thought it was something he did playing with my other cat, but it's there since last week and doesn't seem to get better. I will go to the vet ASAP, but I was wondering if someone has any idea (wound that doesn't heal because he keeps on licking it? dermatitits?)

Thanks! Here is the picture (don't mind the eye, it's there since I got him from a shelter):

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, and welcome again!
Can I ask you if you use plastic bowls or dishes for your cat?
Some cats are sensitive or allergic to plastic and can develop this kind of dermatitis.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cabiliam

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Amilcare eats from a glass dish, except for water which is in a plastic bowl. I could use a ceramic one, though. It's the first thing I thought of but I didn't think of the water bowl...

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As a matter of fact I never heard of allergies to plastic water bowls, where there's no direct contact with the material, but who knows...

Cabiliam

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was thinking the same... does it maybe look like a granuloma at its initial stage? Hope not...

Cabiliam

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, I'm planning to go to the vet, in the past with my vet pictures didn't work so well.. I don't like things which take too long to heal by themselves...

Cabiliam

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, he keeps licking it. It doesnt have the typical ringworm appearance, round with an outer darker circle, but I have just seen a similar picture online... I supposte we'll have to investigate for fungus...