Little Rogue BIG problems

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
So looking at her again I may have been off about her age. She is probably about four weeks instead of two. She uses the littler box on her own and looks like to have at least one bowel movement a day. Her stomach is still a bit tight though. She's got another appointment to the vet soon.

Anyone have any idea how much a blood transfusion may cost? I'm considering asking the vet for one since she is pretty anemic.
Is she too young to apply flea drops between shoulder blades to stop blood suckers. She probably has worms from all the fleas and needs deworming also

bigperm20

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So looking at her again I may have been off about her age. She is probably about four weeks instead of two. She uses the littler box on her own and looks like to have at least one bowel movement a day. Her stomach is still a bit tight though. She's got another appointment to the vet soon.

Anyone have any idea how much a blood transfusion may cost? I'm considering asking the vet for one since she is pretty anemic.
Is she too young to apply flea drops between shoulder blades to stop blood suckers. She probably has worms from all the fleas and needs deworming also
A dose of Revolution should take care of all of it, and I'm pretty sure 8 weeks is the minimum age.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

new kittenmom

The princess of sniffles
Young Cat
Purraise
Her fleas are gone now. I gave her some Advantage as soon as she was old enough and weighed enough. Luckily, out of all the problems she had, she has no worms. She is pretty much in the clear now, though I will be keeping a close eye on her. She is eating a ton now. Up to a small can of kitten food a day as well as a 1/3 cup of kibble. I feed her about three times a day. She is also very active at night bouncing around everywhere. No more tight tummy, just a little lean now.  

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
She is going to be a real sweetie - in other words so cute she will be able to get away with anything. 
    It is lovely to see her, her fur looks really interesting and I look forward to seeing how this changes as she grows.  Is there some colouring there like tortoiseshell or is it bright light in the more recent photos?

How are her eyes doing? They look better than a four or five weeks ago; is there anything the vet can do for her eye lashes?

smokem

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
she is a treasure..playful is good,keeps us on our toes.

I love Twain..I have this wonderful book."A Treasury of Mark Twain.."

My favorite is....

'If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous,he will not bite you.This is the principle difference between

a dog and a man."

Love it..

new kittenmom

The princess of sniffles
Young Cat
Purraise
Rogues' eyes are clear as they can be for now. Still a little weepy but that is understandable. Unfortunately, the only way to fix the eyelash problem is through surgery. Going to have to work overtime to be able to afford that.

She is going to be just like her mother. Dark sleek and black especially at the face and feet. I know this because I think I have seen her mother. I feed a couple of feral cats. One is a Siamese which I have named Harley since she has an identical brother/sister I named Quinn. Quinn never comes close. The other I feed is a tabby bengal mix I have named Tarzan because he loves the trees. Recently, another cat has come onto my porch when I feed Harley and Tarzan. It looks practically identical to Rogue down to the white hairs along it's back. Could Rogue's mommy still be looking for her?

That does bring up some concerns for me too. I really want to get Tarzan fixed (it is obvious he is unaltered) I just don't know how I am going to go about it. Both cats still wont let me touch them. They meow for food, I have allowed them to walk into my apartment (with Rogue safely shut into my room) but when I reach out to touch them, they flinch away and give me the "look." You know, the special look of disdain only cats can pull off. The black and brown long haired cat wont even come near me. It just waits until I go inside.

I am concerned because I can only afford to care for one cat and she is expensive enough as it is. My apartment complex will eventually crack down on me too assuming that all of these cats belong to me and will demand I pay for them. I'm already busting my butt to come up with the $500 pet deposit for Rogue. But most importantly, I worry that there will be mini "Rogues, Harleys and Tarzans" if I don't do something and it could all quickly spiral out of control. What should I do?

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
There's a wealth of experience here on TCS and I'm sure people would gladly advise and support you through how to get Tarzan fixed.  It might be a good idea to check out with local shelters and vets to see if any vets are willing to neuter stray / feral cats without charge if you can take them in, and if anyone has a trap carrier you could borrow as a starting point.  Then you would have an idea about what the costs might be.  There's loads of good information in the Caring for Strays and Ferals area of TCS which might help you decide if this is something you could do.  Then if you think you will go ahead you could start a thread and ask all the specific questions you have - or you could start  a thread right now. What you are doing with Rogue is great and if you can help others in his fur family too that would be amazing. 

new kittenmom

The princess of sniffles
Young Cat
Purraise
So I know I haven't responded in a while, but I wanted to share this update (and happy ending) with all of those that helped me here. I took Rogue back for a retest last week and after worrying myself sick waiting for the results. She came back CLEAN!! Yes! No signs of Leukemia! The doctor says she must have fought it off when she was little. I can't believe it. I am still in utter shock. I just wanted to thank you guys for everything and for all the help you shared with me on this forum.

This is what she looks like now. Healthy, and happy. Now all we need to do is get her shots, get her fixed and take good care of her eyes. Thanks for everything everyone! Rogue thanks you too! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
How wonderful to get an update, and such a positive one too!  Rogue is gorgeous, what an amazing transformation in her short life. Just look at that tail too!!!  Thank you for caring so much about her and giving her this life.  I think you have a furever friend there, however mischievious Rogue is or what trouble she gets in to (and that expression in your photo suggests to me that she gets in to plenty).  LoL.   Loads of positive vibes for her eyes, and with her shots and surgery go well when she goes in to the vet for them.