Little Pepper

oldtinsmith

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
14079744_10208380461366994_2075502425035733174_n.jpg
Little Pepper, resting on my lap as usual. She crossed over the rainbow bridge three weeks ago the past Christmas (she was 17 years old). 8 pounds of Tortoise kattitude! She was my buddy! Doug

LisaT.

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Doug, I'm so very sorry for your loss. You can tell Little Pepper was a beautiful baby. To have a fur baby for 17 years is such a blessing. You must have so many wonderful memories of your life together. I know how hard it is to lose a best friend. May you find peace knowing that she is at the Rainbow Bridge running free among the other angels. Take care.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry for your loss, she was beautiful! 17 years is a very good time although no amount of years is ever enough.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven"

I am sorry for your loss, I hope your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so sorry. Those anniversaries are tough. I lost my 'only child' kitty three weeks before Christmas nine years ago and I still think about her, especially at this time of year. But now it's with fondness and sweet memories, the grief does diminish as time goes on. :angelcat:

will2002

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sorry for your loss. I have an idea how you feel because I have had a lot of practice at losing furry friends. It never gets easy to say goodbye no matter how many times a person does it.

Rest easy Little Pepper. You will always be fondly remembered by your life long human friend.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Little Pepper, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

What a beautiful girl she was, is, and will always be. Seventeen years is such a long time, but...eternity is not "long enough" where there is love. Something deep within me knows that they never really leave us, only their physical presence is gone. Love doesn't die, you know, it only changes form and continues on, still Love. Love abides, and your girl still walks with you, unseen, but loving you just as before.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
17 years is too long for others but still too short for pet lovers like us. She must have had a magnificent life to last this long.

Nobody is prepared to lose our best buddies. Our pets have given us so much unconditional love that each time one leaves, it always feels like one also loses a limb.

I am so sorry for your loss. :(

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I, too, lost my little one two weeks before Christmas, 6 years ago. Those first few Christmases were like reopening a wound. The pain was hard to get through when the world is rejoicing around you.
After a few years I began to use the season and the bright lights as a way to remember her, to send her messages of love along the beams of light that are sent to the heavens. My heart still breaks if I let myself go back to that last day, but time has given me the strength to put the hurt where it belongs, in the past, and to concentrate on the present instead. There are so many things that I can change, can prevent from being painful in the future, and these are only learned through what we have been through, gained through knowledge we learned in the past. One thing I learned is it does absolutely no good to dwell on something, live our present lives based on something in our past. No matter how much we want it to be different the past is set, and every day we are given is a gift, a 'present' given to us that is meant to bring joy and happiness, just for the simple fact that we are alive. We are alive to allow our loved ones to live on through us, to experience what we are experiencing, because they live on forever in our hearts, are a part of our very souls.
So send that sweet Pepper thoughts of love and tell her how much she is missed. She feels the same and is at peace because she was so loved, so loved then, and so loved now, that will never change. The new path she follows will forever parallel your own, she will always be as near as your thoughts and prayers. A love like that will never die , it exists for eternity.
My heart goes out to you. I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. RIP dear little Pepper, you will forever have a secure place in a loving heart. The Heavens will keep your tiny soul safe and warm, until you are reunited once again with the one who loves you so very much!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oldtinsmith

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I, too, lost my little one two weeks before Christmas, 6 years ago. Those first few Christmases were like reopening a wound. The pain was hard to get through when the world is rejoicing around you.
After a few years I began to use the season and the bright lights as a way to remember her, to send her messages of love along the beams of light that are sent to the heavens. My heart still breaks if I let myself go back to that last day, but time has given me the strength to put the hurt where it belongs, in the past, and to concentrate on the present instead. There are so many things that I can change, can prevent from being painful in the future, and these are only learned through what we have been through, gained through knowledge we learned in the past. One thing I learned is it does absolutely no good to dwell on something, live our present lives based on something in our past. No matter how much we want it to be different the past is set, and every day we are given is a gift, a 'present' given to us that is meant to bring joy and happiness, just for the simple fact that we are alive. We are alive to allow our loved ones to live on through us, to experience what we are experiencing, because they live on forever in our hearts, are a part of our very souls.
So send that sweet Pepper thoughts of love and tell her how much she is missed. She feels the same and is at peace because she was so loved, so loved then, and so loved now, that will never change. The new path she follows will forever parallel your own, she will always be as near as your thoughts and prayers. A love like that will never die , it exists for eternity.
My heart goes out to you. I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. RIP dear little Pepper, you will forever have a secure place in a loving heart. The Heavens will keep your tiny soul safe and warm, until you are reunited once again with the one who loves you so very much!
di and bob, and all who lovingly responded to our little Pepper. Your love and compassion is truly appreciated. Thank you all!
Doug

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m so sorry about Pepper. Truly beautiful in every way. I dream of kitties too. I often awake worried about one of the other or missing one that has left me. My heart goes out to you. After following all your posts, I do know that you gave and ,still give , Pepper complete love. :grouphug2:

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. Nothing prepares you for the loss of your beloved cat. I to recently lost my beloved baby cat. No amount of time with us seems to be long enough. I think we see the ones we live when we die ..... beloved cats to. Though that is of little comfort right now, because she is still not there with you.

oldtinsmith

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
bear,,,jcatbird,,,danteshuman,,, Thank you for your kind posts. I miss my Pepper A LOT right know, but, I do know the hurt will give way to remembering the laughs, the playing, and the cuddles. Cheri and I now have had six cats go to the Rainbow Bridge in the last twenty five years. It never gets easier.

Doug

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
True that it does not get easier. I have lost kitties and my child. I do feel that something of them remains with us as long as we are here. I still feel the loss. I also managed to reach a point where some thought of them made me remember something wonderful about them. Some things do make us smile again.
We are all here for you if you want us. You can share anything here and others will have empathy. Maybe later you can tell us of something that will bring you a smile. We all need smiles. I am glad the other kitties are there to help you. I know they sense what you feel. Mine often come to comfort me. They don’t replace the ones lost but they offer us love.

oldtinsmith

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
True that it does not get easier. I have lost kitties and my child. I do feel that something of them remains with us as long as we are here. I still feel the loss. I also managed to reach a point where some thought of them made me remember something wonderful about them. Some things do make us smile again.
We are all here for you if you want us. You can share anything here and others will have empathy. Maybe later you can tell us of something that will bring you a smile. We all need smiles. I am glad the other kitties are there to help you. I know they sense what you feel. Mine often come to comfort me. They don’t replace the ones lost but they offer us love.
Jcatbird,,, thank you for sharing heartaches, for caring, and the love we feel from our kitties. Last May, when I had my "cerebral hemorrhage" and lost a bunch of short term memory, little Pepper want to be near me, look at me, at purr a lot. I'm sure she was letting me know everything would be okay!

Doug

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwwww. I’m sorry you suffered through that. She was letting you know it would be okay. They do sense things. I’m sure she will want you to know that again. The love they give continues inside us. My daughter’s kitty was especially close to me when I returned from nearly three weeks of staying at the hospital with my child. I returned in the wee hours of the morning alone and her kitty stayed glued to me after that. I know she knew that my daughter was gone. She was a great comfort to me and I hope I was to her. More recently I had to rescue a kitty that had been adopted. Two actually. A brother and sister. I now comfort them since the event had been quite traumatic for them. Banjo and Whistle will be staying with me permanently. As I write, Banjo is behind me on the sofa and Whistle is asleep in my lap. On hard days, they seem very in tune to my moods and are especially affectionate. I notice their moods too. All the kitties seem to have some understanding of what we go through and a desire to make it better. They are amazing. I’m always grateful for them. We should all care like this.

oldtinsmith

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awwwwww. I’m sorry you suffered through that. She was letting you know it would be okay. They do sense things. I’m sure she will want you to know that again. The love they give continues inside us. My daughter’s kitty was especially close to me when I returned from nearly three weeks of staying at the hospital with my child. I returned in the wee hours of the morning alone and her kitty stayed glued to me after that. I know she knew that my daughter was gone. She was a great comfort to me and I hope I was to her. More recently I had to rescue a kitty that had been adopted. Two actually. A brother and sister. I now comfort them since the event had been quite traumatic for them. Banjo and Whistle will be staying with me permanently. As I write, Banjo is behind me on the sofa and Whistle is asleep in my lap. On hard days, they seem very in tune to my moods and are especially affectionate. I notice their moods too. All the kitties seem to have some understanding of what we go through and a desire to make it better. They are amazing. I’m always grateful for them. We should all care like this.
:yess:

Doug (seemed like a good place to try a "Smiles")