Little Moses is very sick :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

prittiegirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was just caring for a little girl who was unable to walk or stand up. She was just floppy. The vet's best advice was to get fluid into her. She was .57kg at the time and was requiring 40ml's a day (based on 70ml per kg). I know it sounds like a TON, but the vet swore that it was what saved her life. I did a ml via oral syringe every 20 minutes. Your guy is smaller, so probably half the amount and see if you can get fluids into him if nothing else. Poor little pumpkin!

ligwa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
After all he has been though, he deserves to make it. I hope he is doing better. You too. I'm so glad you were there for him. At least he's had some very loving hands wrapped around him.

Ligwa

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I"m so sorry to say that Moses died right now in my hands. I can't stop crying because even though I did everything inn my power to save him, he suffered too much, I feel guilty, I know it sounds awful, but I should have taken him to the vet yesterday to be put to sleep, the agony was too much for such a tiny little angel. he didn't deserve that.

I feel horrible, can't even see the keyboard because of my tears. At least he is not suffering anymore, but I wish I could have out a top to that suffering before.

Thank you all!

HUGS!

bastetservant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, what a sad bitter end to this story. But don't you feel bad about yourself! You did all you could to help little Moses and give him a chance. You didn't give up, and kept working to save him. There was hope that he could recover. Now you can look back and say that you should have done something else. But you didn't know how it would turn out then. You took excellent care of him, and he knew your love. He's at peace now. I'm so sorry you lost him.

Robin

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you both so much. I juts thought he was goping to be ok because at least he was still active and drinking water and his formula, but yesterday he started to go downhill. Thank you for your kinds words. It've been terrible for me. Now I have tto tell Wineska, the girl who saved him from the water, she was coming to visit him today, what awful news I have.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm very sorry - RIP, little Moses.

When you feel up to it, you can post about Moses in Crossing The Bridge; I'll close this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.