Little Linus, one of my 4-5 week old kittens has to have surgery Thrs-he needs vibes

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another Linus Update:

The swelling has gone down tremendiously!!!
All of the tissue has almost gone back into place on it's own so he might not even need to have the vet do it!
He is still very tender in that area as can be expected, but is doing much better overall
He is still a little swollen, so we're just waiting for that last little spot to go down. The cortizone has helped him soooo much!
He is still behind a little bit developmentally becaue he was so sick for a while- so he's still on the bottle- we're slowly trying to introduce him to the dish so we can continue on to wean him over time
He is definitely a spunky little guy though- he's soo darling! I just adore him!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just another update from tonight. When I was holding little linus earlier soaking his bottom in some warm water (to help reduce the swelling) part of a huge scab came off of his little private area. After that happened he started bleeding a little bit. But i think that might be an ok thing because the scab fell off so he should be able to potty better. Also -the swelling had gone down even more. To the point that i was able to push everything back into place
So even though he's still VERY tender/sore....at least he won't have to have surgery now!!!!!
I dried him off and put a little cortizone on him and he's now snuggled in his bed asleep

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

No surgery for Linus(other than neutering)!
Yup!!! I'm soo excited! I was really really worried about him but he just seems to be doing better and better!!
I also think it helps a lot now that he's seperate from the other kittens

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally took some pictures of the little ones- they're in the pictures thread!