xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry about this sad news.

Baby Blue...
We love you sweet darling.
You have a forever home in our hearts.

I am praying for comfort to all of the gentle, caring people who are giving so much love to Blue.

gattina

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Had a quick glance thru your threads and I am so sorry for Little Blue. I wish him all the best ! Please excuse me I definitively haven't understood how it works on a Forum but I promise it will be better in the future !

It's so sad when your beloved kitty is so sick. I went through that too and know what you must feel right now.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry that the tests didn't show anything more positive. At least he has a loving home and a caring owner for however long he does have.

lil'misskisses

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I can see he is getting enough love and kindness to last him a lifetime, Its wonderful what you all do for these poor kittens.

Well done to you all x x x x x

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just came from visiting with little Blue. When I arrived earlier this afternoon, he was curled up in a comfy spot, but he stood up to greet me with a meow and a purr I could hear across the room. His whole body just vibrates when he purrs.

I also had the chance to read his medical report from OSU. It's so sad. There's so much wrong with this little sweetheart.
The line that really threw me and brought the reality of his situation home was "Even with sugery, Blue's long-term prognosis remains poor."

Blue had been playing with the other kittens this morning, so was more interested in just cuddling this afternoon. He's an incredibly affectionate little guy. It's almost like he knows his time is short and wants to give and receive as much love as he can. Another one of the volunteers and her husband came by and when he picked up Blue, the little guy just snuggled right up under his chin with a look of pure contentment on his face.

I'm glad Blue knows that he's loved. Thanks for all the love and prayers you're sending him too!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
What a gorgeous little baby he is
He is still in my thoughts and prayers.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Eileen....
Blue looks like love itself.

Thank you for sharing his latest picture.
Sweet Blue remains in my prayers.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thought it was about time for another update on sweet baby Blue. He's
5 1/2 months old now and is doing better than anyone expected. He's on a liquid diet, but eating well and has put on enough weight that he's just about ready for some additional testing. Beyond that, little Blue is just an absolute love bug - one of the most affectionate kittens I've ever met. Everyone who meets Blue loves him and he just eats up the attention. One of our volunteers described Blue as being "full of himself"
as a result of all the loving he gets. He still tires easily, but this doesn't stop him from having a lot of totally crazy kitten moments with the other foster kittens/cats. He's actually the most closely bonded with a sweet tortie named Missy. She's a special needs kitty herself, who's blind in one eye. She and Blue can usually be found curled up together sleeping or grooming each other.

That's all for now. Will update when it's time for Blue to go back to the vet.
Thanks for all the vibes and prayers for our sweet little guy!

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the update. I'm happy that Blue has a loving home! Lets pray for good news at the vet visit!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so glad that little Blue is "full of himself."
That's what unconditional love can do.

My thoughts & prayers are still with this special boy & his friend Missy too.

Thanks for the update Eileen.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i am so glad this is a positive update, I was wondering if there had been some bad news. I am incredibly pleased he is doing so well and has a friend.

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
what a sweetheart...they both are. How could you not love them. It's interesting that the two special kitties found each other, the must sense that they're kindred spirits.