Little Baby Sammy

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just saw this thread tonight. AWWWW Sweetie
You have a wonderful heart and it takes a very, very special person to take fostering little sick babies. It IS very, very painful on our hearts. And to lose all four of them, I am just in tears for you
. Those little ones were so very lucky to have you as their surrogate meowmy, even if it was too short. They were loved and knew it. I am just so sorry for you.... the little ones would want you not to be sad for them, as they are playing happily on the bridge, forever kittens.

RIP four little angels

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kailie

Oh sweetheart my heart is absolutely broken for you!!
Being a foster mom as well, I know EXACTLY what you are going through as I have lost many young kittens lately myself and it never gets any easier. Those babies knew love thanks to you. They never would have experienced that otherwise, and for that you should be SO proud.
Your fosters have joined many of my fosters now playing happily at the Bridge, no longer suffering.
Losing them is never easy, this time has hit me the hardest because none of them made it and I never expected them to die like they did, they seemed like they were going to make it for a bit. In the 7 months I have been rescuing I have taken on 3 other litters, I lost 1 at 6 days old from the first litter but I had 3 others who I was bottle feeding still so I had them so it was easier. The second litter all had URI's at 2 weeks old and I knew it could kill them at that age so when all but one died I was upset but the last one that made it made all the pain of loosing the others seem worth something. The third litter was 2 weeks premature and only lived a few days, it was sad to lose them but i was bracing myself for it the whole time, they were just not developed enough to live and their mother had abandoned them, they had such a slim chance of survival. This last litter had just captured my heart, they were the oldest kittens I have lost, they had such vivid personalities when I got them, and knowing them like I did before they got sick made it so hard to loose them, because I was looking forward to them feeling better and seeing those shinning personalities again. They are no longer sick and suffering anymore, and I will always remember them. Knowing that every kitten I have lost has died loved even if it was only for a very short time, gives me comfort because that is more than too many kitties get to know. Its when the kittens do survive sickness and survive after having a rough start to life and they go on to be happy thriving kittens that make it all worth it, and I just have to keep remembering that.

Originally Posted by Feralvr

I just saw this thread tonight. AWWWW Sweetie
You have a wonderful heart and it takes a very, very special person to take fostering little sick babies. It IS very, very painful on our hearts. And to lose all four of them, I am just in tears for you
. Those little ones were so very lucky to have you as their surrogate meowmy, even if it was too short. They were loved and knew it. I am just so sorry for you.... the little ones would want you not to be sad for them, as they are playing happily on the bridge, forever kittens.

RIP four little angels
Your post made me cry, I know I have to try to keep my chin up because there are other kitties out there who need help too.

Support from all of you here helps me so much. I have only been coming here for a month and all of you have been so kind here. Thank You!

stacias

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for you loss. It is never easy to loss a pet but to loss all it has to be hard. My heart goes out to you.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is such a sad story. You have much love in your heart and you gave it to these little ones. I am so glad they didn't die alone. Rest in peace sweet kitties. You were loved.