Litterbox smell

abigail

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Latitude: 45° 31' North Longitude: 122° 39' We
Originally Posted by MesmerizeK

I'm currently using Feline Pine for Julius, but reading all your comments...it seems like a clumping litter would be a good idea. However, I've read somewhere that clumping litter is dangerous for cats, something about ingesting them...is it true?

Seems that kind of litter would make my life a whole lot easier!
abi never ate it and has been using it since i got her at 10 weeks. except for a few days after her hysterectomy I used shredded paper so nothing would get in the stitches. I adore the stuff and my house NEVER smells of cat.

mechanicalman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

I'm currently using Feline Pine for Julius, but reading all your comments...it seems like a clumping litter would be a good idea.
Feline Pine should be masking the smell of urine better than clay does. If you just want the box to be easier to clean, then consider buying the Feline Pine litter box. I got one a few days ago, and I love it. It's definitely less maintenance than using clumping clay litter, in addition to the other benefits of using wood pellets instead of clay.

katgoddess

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
MechanicalMan --
Do you know if the FP litter box would work with wood stove pellets as well? Are the wood stove pellets about the same size? I've been wanting to try them since a lot of people claim they're the same stuff, just different labeling.

Thanks!

P.S. Where can I find the FP litter box? I'm in Canada and don't think I've ever since it before.

mechanicalman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

MechanicalMan --
Do you know if the FP litter box would work with wood stove pellets as well? Are the wood stove pellets about the same size? I've been wanting to try them since a lot of people claim they're the same stuff, just different labeling.

Thanks!

P.S. Where can I find the FP litter box? I'm in Canada and don't think I've ever since it before.
I've been using both Feline Pine and oak stove pellets. Any 100% wood stove pellets should work fine with the FP box. The holes in the sifting box appear to be about 4 x 4 mm. The stove pellets that I use are significantly larger than Feline Pine, approx. 7 mm in diameter with an average length of about 1". In Canada, I guess you can order by calling 561-793-1859 (felinepinelitterbox.com).