Litterbox Questions

aqualoon

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So Lynk is one of those cats who likes to use one box for peeing and another box for pooping.  I found this out the hard way as I watched him pee just fine in one and then poop on my laundry room floor.

So I added another box in the downstairs area, my question is this....

The new box is currently in the bathroom, I've showed him where it is but he still prefers to poop on the floor.  Should I be confining him in this bathroom for a day or so?  Also I just bought some Nature's Miracle from Amazon so I'll have that in two days.  I'm sure the smell is also contributing him to keep on going on the laundry room floor despite me using pine sol and other chemicals on it.

Other then that and having clingers on his butt (he has longer fur) he really has been a cool kitten.

franksmom

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The smell is probably what is attracting him to keep going there. i would also get some cat attract either the litter or the additive to help attract him to the new box. 

Another thing I should mention with any litter box problem it is a good idea to get him checked by a vet because there may be something else going on. Pooping on the floor is an indication he may have GI issues so looking at his diet may be another thing you should do and we have a great nutrition section on here to help you out. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

aqualoon

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He was just at the vet recently where he got an exam and follow up on vacs.  I'm in the process of changing his diet as well.

Yeah, I was thinking it was the smell thing just wanted a second opinion.

Would you suggest keeping him confined in the bathroom with the new litter box until I get the Nature's Miracle? I'm thinking that as long as the smell is still there he'll keep going there.  And while cleaning up poop from a concrete floor isn't the worst thing in the world, I really don't want to continue to do it if I don't have to ya know?

franksmom

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You could try keeping him confined I do know it does work for some people. 

aqualoon

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Alright, thank you :)

I just hear his little meows and it kind of gets to me - he's a cuddly lil fluff ball.  Specially as my other two boys sit by the door and meow back.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you confine him, though, you will need 2 boxes in the room since you already know that he likes to pee in one and poop in the other.  Can you just move the 2nd box you got to the laundry room? 

aqualoon

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I let him out...I'll clean up poop for 2 more days.  At least he does it in an area that's easy to clean?

paws4life

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You could also try putting his litter box on the area he poops that may help! :)