Litterbox liners?

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WELDRWOMN

Ok, so I took the liner out and things are great. Then I changed her litter from a clumping litter to Feline Pine. Now Marice refuses to bury her poo. She makes the stinkiest poo ever. The whole house stinks. Anyways, I love Feline Pine, but Marcie doesn't seem to like to dig through it. With the clumping litter, she tracked it everywhere and tried to dig to China but at least she would bury her poo. Has anyone ever encountered this problem?
A lot of kitties don't like the feel of pellet litter...I think it kind of feels too rough on their paws which are extremely sensitive.

If you're interested in a natural litter that she might like a lot better, I'd recommend World's Best Cat Little. Unfortunately, if she won't dig in the pellets (and from what I understand, many cats don't) it might be a decision between vacuuming up litter or having the house smell.

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

A lot of kitties don't like the feel of pellet litter...I think it kind of feels too rough on their paws which are extremely sensitive.

If you're interested in a natural litter that she might like a lot better, I'd recommend World's Best Cat Little. Unfortunately, if she won't dig in the pellets (and from what I understand, many cats don't) it might be a decision between vacuuming up litter or having the house smell.
Also, if you're in love with the pine, Feline Pine makes a scoopable version (look for the purple bag). It's basically sawdust with some guar gum added for clumping. It does tend to track a bit of sawdust around though. But it's much softer on little paws. My kitties also rejected Feline Pine pellets, but they went on the floor and in the tub
I use World's Best now.

tru

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've used liners forever or longer. I have seven boxes in this house and all but one has a liner. The box with the liner doesn't get used any more than the others.
I've noticed that the cats claw up the sides more than the bottom, but overall I prefer the liners because it prevents the boxes from absorbing all the odors and I don't have to replace them.

When I change liners, but not all the litter,after I scoop I just put a new liner beside the box and set the old on in it. Then I put the whole thing in the box and dump the old liner by sliding it out, throwing it in the trash bag that goes to the burn barrel.

I always buy the Johnny Cat liners. They come in a 2 ml thickness where all the others seem to be much thinner at 1.5 ml and tear a good deal easier.

When I bought the Booda Clean Step, I bought the liners to go with that and promptly sold them on ebay after I found I could use the Johnny Cat with better results. I also use those Band-It Outdoor trash bag retainer bands to hold the liners in place to prevent them from just being pulled down into the litter an buried.

When I feel it's time to replace the box I don't use a liner in, I will use a liner in its' replacement. For me they serve a good purpose.

miao_kitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I be Spam WOULD be greasy enough to keep pee from sticking to the sides. Heehee. ^_^

Er..I meant to quote someone, but I guess I don't know how the forum works yet. =P

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use liners and have never had a problem. Sometimes there is a little mess in the bottom but I just rinse it out with bleach water and it's fine. For me they are worth it. And Puff does not put holes in the liner that I'm aware of.. but maybe that's why there's a little mess in the bottom sometimes..lol. For me it's easier to do it that way to be honest.