Litterbox issues

Miathebsh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello,
We are confronting with a little problem with our Mia .
it s been 2 or maybe 3 weeks since she does this.She goes to the litter box normally at the beginning and when it finishes the big job it is softer and sticks to the hair . We spoke with our vet and she said it can be an issue or not and we need to collect her samples to run some tests . She doesn t meow, she onlyuse the litterbox, she eats, she run as alllways but i don t like that she spreads all the poop in the house 😃😃😃
Does anyone confront with this problem ?

BeccaCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a cat with longer hair on her bottom, and sometimes when she has soft stool she has a bit of leftovers. I keep a stack of washcloths (I’ve cut them into four pieces). I wet a cloth with warm water and do my best to get the most of the mess wiped off. She is not a fan of this, but I do it anyhow. Then I just toss the cloth the trash. Also, my vet has had her on a prescription dry food which I mix in with her kibble (my cats eat wet and dry) as well as FortiFlora at times to help her stool be more solid.
I know many folks on here are not fans of prescription food, or kibble, or FortiFlora, but all cats are different and it does seem to help my kitty. :lovecat:
I do have a young male cat who has the same as what you described - solid poop in the beginning but the ending of it is soft. Thankful he has very short hair and doesn’t seem to get it stuck. He also uses the FortiFlora which helps his poos be more normal. My vet gave me a new version which has prebiotics as well as probiotics. Maybe give your vet a call and see if they’d recommend something.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Miathebsh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is on prescription food for like 3 months now and we need to do her urianalysis again to see if we can go back to normal food or stick with urinary food longer . Indeed, she has “panties” under her tail and this might be an issue . Until we collect her poop samples to take them to the vet we can t do anything . I am that kind of person that freaks out when something is out of her routine and i don t want no problems near the christmas and new year because no ER in our town and our vet will be out of town this year . So hopefully she has nothing .
this is her face after she goes to the litterbox 😂

Attachments

BeccaCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's adorable! I wouldn't worry too much, but I would get her stool sample to the vet as soon as possible. My vet usually has results in a day or two. If it's any kind of parasites it's not a terribly big deal to treat, but you want to treat it sooner rather than later. Keep us posted! :hearthrob: