Litter troubles!

minette

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok so I presume there are a lot of threads about this. However, here's the story. I brought my three month old kitten to the vet for a check up today, I was first told by the pet shop to give her solid food. The solid food made her not do anything in her litter box or anywhere. The vet gave me some moist food to give her in the morning and at supper. While at the vet, she gave Minette some moist food to see if she liked it and she pounced on it and ate. When I brought her home, while I was doing the dishes, she pooped not even close to her litter box. Ever since I got her (a week ago) I've been showing her litter and putting her in it and leaving her be in it. No luck... So my question is...

How do I make/teach my kitten to use the litter???

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Barring any health problems, try putting another litter box down. Sometimes these babies have trouble holding it as a young child would.

Also you can purchase cat attract litter. It is a bit more, but I have heard it works wonders luring the cats to their box.

But think of her as a child....I do that when there is behavior that is troublesome. It can make you see the situation a bit more clearly. She is still a baby.