Litter Training Siamese Kittens

CookieKiwiCats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have four kittens, three males and one female. I have been trying to get them litter trained by placing them in litter boxes after meals or placing them when they look like they are about to go to give them the habit of going into the litter boxes. So far, the males have no problem but the female kitten I have trouble with.

I try placing her in the box but she climbs out almost immediately. I also try keeping the box clean so she wouldn't feel uncomfortable going. Before, when training all the kittens, I put toys in the litter box to entice them to go. But after all that, the female kitten won't go. And I can't seem to find where she is going. I haven't found any trace of urine or stools around the house so I don't know where she has gone. I mainly keep the kittens on one floor and they mostly play in the living room.

This is my first time having kittens. I'm worried if she is holding it in but I feel like that's impossible to do that for days straight. I also don't know if this is a species thing if there is a certain way to train Siamese cats to go to the bathroom.

Any suggestions?

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keeping the box spotless might be working against you. If you leave a a piece of scat or something scented of urine in the box, the kitten will have a positive indicator that the box is the place to poop. That's what I've heard and done, and it's worked well for me.

Rest assured, your little girl has found a place to go. You'll find it soon enough. Once you do, it's a good idea to get rid of the smell by washing it with an enzyme detergent. Otherwise, kitty will probably keep using that place instead of the litter box because is smells like the right place to do her business.

You might also have to give her digging lessons, crazy as it seems. If she won't dig, take her paw gently and make a little hole with it. She'll get the hang of it.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How old are the kittens? Some catch on faster than others.

Here is a helpful video:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is the mama still with them, she still may be helping the girl go to the bathroom. Sometimes one or two in the litter just take longer to get the idea. I would strongly suggest getting a black light flashlight, they are pretty inexpensive online. go into a darkened room and shine it around, you will be amazed! Anything organic glows green, you would shortly find where she has been going. and hundreds of other organic stains around your house. Don't go in your bathroom, or around your stove, it will definitely make you want to clean!