Litter That’s Ok Post Pu That’s Not Yeserday’s News

Tdizz11

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
any suggestions? My boy HATES the newspaper pellets. I tried YN and Equisit, or whatever it’s called from Petsmart. Is there a safe litter that you can still tell if they peed in it? I tried worlds best and threw it right out. Not only did it stink, but my cat was covered in it. He’s used to Fresh Step. As soon as I offered him a box of fresh step, he peed right in it. Some was stuck to him but I was home to wipe it off. Can you tell if they peed in the coconut stuff? Petco, Petsmart and local private shop couldn’t tell me.
Please let me know! This has been a month from hell!

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've used the Exquisicat from Petsmart ever since Tom's PU. You can try Okocat.
okocat
They also carry it in some stores
Find a Healthy Pet® brand near you. | Healthy Pet

We used the paper Okocat from Chewy for a few weeks because there was a stock issue at Petsmart. It's very fine. I wish I had a picture of the one we used next to a dime.

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okocat also has the clumping wood litter that comes in "longhair" version. The longhair one is small wood pellets, not sure if they would be too small, but you can maybe look into it. Clumping is nice because you can not only tell that they peed but how much.

pipperoo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I use Feline Fresh pine litter - it comes in "sawdust" type version and pellets. I use the sawdust type. It clumps and is flushable. I think for some cats the pellets bother their sensitive paws. Like walking barefoot on a rocky beach versus a sandy beach!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tdizz11

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you! I’ll be researching all of these. Dalton really loves to dig pyramids in his litter. He hates the pellets.
I’m looking forward to our lives returning to normal!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tdizz11

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Any one try the Blue buffalo walnut based litter?
I am so happy. Just came home from work and discovered Dalton had pooped and peed, a lot of pee, in the box with the fresh step. I’m just so paranoid about the fresh step litter. He doesn’t have any stuck to him but I’m heading out now to buy some new litter.