litter recommendation

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
It depends on how many litter boxes you have. If it's just one, then mix in the new litter gradually. I have four boxes for six cats. When I want to try a new litter, I keep three of them the same and put the new litter in the fourth box. Assuming the kitties will use it, I change out another box each week until I get all of them switched to the new litter.

newkittylove

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay thanks. I have the one litter box for now but saw one on Drs. Foster and Smith's website and I may order that one as well. Your cats are beautiful, BTW! Shareena looks somewhat like my Toby

maddox's mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have always used Tidy Cat Immediate Odor Control and people often tell me that if I didn't tell them that I had a cat, they would not know it

ronnycage

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
scoop free refillable tray.... 16$ a darn tray but cleans itself!!!

auto cleaning catbox > then doing it yourself

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

I use the PetCo brand - refillable, so it's cheaper, and like it very much... It controls the odor very well, and it clumps hard - you don't need to replace it often at all... actually I find myself just replacing some littler from time to time, just to maintain the proper level.
I bought some fresh step on the supermarket as it was on deal, but I don't like it at all!! It is sooooooo dusting, the scent is way too strong (Multiple cats), and the dust is out of control!
I am going back to the Petco brand asap...
One thing though: I have 2 litter boxes, and the one they like the most is the one with fresh step - even though it is smaller... So, I guess there is that advantage...

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I tried the Special Kitty (Walmart brand) in the brown bag. I don't like it quite as well as the Special Kitty in the green box because it's dustier and has a scent to it. However, the scent dissipated fairly quickly and it doesn't stir up too much dust when the kitties are digging around in it.

It does seem to be a hit with the kitties. They've spent hours scratching and sniffing at it, sometime two or three in the litter box at the same time. When I made the rounds of the litter boxes this evening I scooped twice as many clumps out of the new litter as out of all the other boxes put together.