Litter in the bed

rainbo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't mind finding litter most places, but I do mind it in my bed. Anyway to solve the problem?

Cat seems to be on a use the litter box in the wee hours of the morning potty schedule so I can't catch him and clean his paws before he hops in bed, I suppose I could block him from the bedroom but I hate to do that. I have a carpet on one side of the box and a towel on the other side, to help catch the litter and it does a halfway decent job but doesn't solve the problem completely.

One bright spot is that he doesn't try and sleep under the covers so nearly all of the litter stays on the top blankets..

tnyc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How far from the bed is the box? I would get a special mat that traps litter, they're not expensive, you can find them everywhere for like 5-10 bucks, they are plastic or rubber, and place the litterbox as far away from the bed as possible. If there's a lot of carpet and stuff in between the box and you, all the litter should fall off by the time the cat gets into bed.

Or you can use natural litter, the pine stuff.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rainbo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the ideas!

My place is really tiny and the box is as far from the bed as I can get it which really isn't that far. I'll look for one of the mats next time I'm at the store and switch from the towel to it and I'll try an extra rug by the bed. There's a rug there but it's small. If that doesn't work I'll switch litter.