LItter Help from Canadians Please.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Question for my Canadian cat friends.

The cat litter that I've been using for years has been discontinued (see picture). It took me a long time to find a good clumping cat litter that:

1. my cats liked (sand-like texture - see picture)

2. was non tracking;

3. almost dust free;
4. and  controlled odour.

I had stocked up, so I still have 5 bags left, fortunately. But with 2 cats that won't last long.

I'm looking for a new scoopable/clumping litter.

I live in Canada, and not all litters available in the U.S. are available to us in Canada, so I'm looking specifically for litter that is available in Canada.   Does anyone have any recommendations?

pipperoo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure of a direct replacement for Johnny Cat, but I can recommend Feline Fresh.  It is made of pine and comes in either pellets or a "sawdust" type texture which would be closest to the Johnny Cat.

I like it because it is scoopable AND flushable.  It smells like fresh cut wood.  It isn't dusty but I do get a bit of tracking.  Not the litter's fault, its due to kitty-clenched paws that hold litter as they jump out of the box.......

You can transition your cat by adding a bit of the new litter to the JC, then over time increasing the proportion of new type to JC.

good luck!

trickytree

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Before I switched my kitten over to a corn-based litter last week, I was using the President's Choice Multi-Cat litter (only have one cat but I needed something pronto that came in a box as the pine litter was being rejected harshly!).

I didn't notice much dust and it was pretty good at covering-up the smell of kitten poo.

You can buy it a Loblaw's and their family of stores such as the Great Canadian Superstores. I paid $7 for I believe 10kg.