Litter for sensitive feet?

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been using Tidy Cat Breeze boxes for several years and I love them, but one of my cats has some foot issues (my vet thinks it may be pododermatitis) and I think the litter hurts his feet, so he's been going outside the litter box.
I am going to put in a 'regular' litterbox to hopefully help that issue. I really don't want to because I've never been able to find another litter that works half as well on odor control as the Tidy Cat Breeze but I have to do something to get him going in a box again.

Anyway my question is what type of litter is good for odor control but easy on the feet? I think the big Breeze pellets may be poking his feet. I also don't want him to get litter stuck between his toes which may make his infection worse.

ms.blackie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Perhaps the yesterday's news will work even with the breeze.
I actually use the the breeze with wood stove pellets not the pellets you are suppose to use.
My cat allows me to just put a couple hand fulls in the box at the back and she still uses it fine. Perhaps you can try this.? I do remove the #2 as soon as possible as she can not cover it to well. I catch her #1 with those styrofoam meat trays cut down to size and empty her #1 twice a day in the toilet. I still have the pad beneath just in case. My other kitten uses the wood stove pellets in
the pine litter original litter box - Sifter item I purchased from them. I think this system is better then the Breeze. Try a sifter box with the least amount of yesterday news or horse stall pellets, Pine pellts or wood stove pellets ( I think these will be hard to find). I think nasty fine litter would stick to bad foot?