Litter box

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Three boxes for two cats (because the boy is so darn picky!) - Cat Attract litter (again, the boy!) - scoop twice a day (sometimes more if I'm home and one has been used) - and completely empty, wash out, and replace litter once a month. I usually buy new boxes once a year, because I think the plastic does end up retaining the odor by then. I used to use the liners, but even with declawed cats (they came that way), they ended up ripped.

But, it does get down to whatever makes you, and the kitties, comfortable.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also have one cat and I scoop every other day and there is no smell at all. By scooping we are losing litter and that can't be helped so for me every other day works for me and Autumn.

esme

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gfygrl71

Ok I know this may sound stupid, but How often do you change your cats litter? I only have 1 cat and I change mine every Wednesday and Saturday and scoop twice a day in between. My husband thinks I'm nuts, and nuerotic, but I am a neat freak and afraid of litter box smells, and don't want people to come in my house and smell anything....
I have 1 cat and your schedule is exactly the same as mine!! seriously, even the days. So I guess we're both "neurotic"....If the box isnt perfect, Boo will go right next to the box, so I have serious incentive to keep the boxes pristine!

momto3cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have two cats and two boxes, scooped twice a day. I use Yesterday's News litter. I find that by the end of a week they really need changing. However, when I used clumping litter in the past I only had to change it once a month or so. Basically, I change the litter when it smells bad even after being scooped.