Litter box

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
supposed to use scoopable clumping litter on cats younger than 4 months? I am using clay on my 9 week old babies. I change it at least 3 times a day. Clay is so cheap it is worth changing so often to avoid any odor. Am I wrong and can I be using clumping litter?

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by farleyv

supposed to use scoopable clumping litter on cats younger than 4 months? I am using clay on my 9 week old babies. I change it at least 3 times a day. Clay is so cheap it is worth changing so often to avoid any odor. Am I wrong and can I be using clumping litter?
I've used clumping on all 3 of mine when they were babies and they were fine. I think the worry is if they eat it if they play in the litterbox like some do, but i made sure they had many toys to play with, plus they had each other that i never had that problem.

dragulescugirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Regarding consistent cleaning of the "poopie bin": I'll admit that cleaning the litter box has become a bribery tactic between my husband and myself. I couldn't bring myself to purchase the electric ones as I noticed my friend's always gunked up, and there were a lot or parts, and just general iffy feelings towards it. But I did read up on another box and purchased it and I can tell you it works great! No more fighting over who cleans and it is so fast and easy. I think it is called the Roll 'n Clean. It's the best thing ever and my cats didn't even mind the smaller space (even though I purchased a large one).