litter box quesiton

zednon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I brought home a 3 year cat  on July 4th he was border line feral, he tried to go threw a window. He peed on my bed twice, he peed all over my clothing. the old owner didn't want to deal with him anymore it was ether me or drop him off with her parents and let the 3 yr old indoor feral become a out door cat where the last cat was eaten by wolfs. He has been living in my very small bed room 7 by 12 with a queen size bed in said room under the bed mostly. On sept 16 (my birthday) he let me pet him.

he appears to be a snuggle bug. he does run if I move too much or walk across the room but he knows his name which I changed to Kingsley and comes from hiding when I call him. I am finding he is leaving stuff clean clothing in the litter box, his toys, paper. what would be causing this?

Also when can I let him out of the very small bed room? so far one of my two cats seem pretty okay with him. the other isn't excited about him.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Our last cat was great for burying toys or household items he considered toys in his litter box. We never knew why he did it, but assumed it was just because he found it fun. :lol3: Our current furry resident does it sometimes, but we're more apt to find his toy mice drowned in his water bowls. :lol3:

There are a couple of articles and threads dealing with cat introductions right here at TCS that might provide you with useful tips while you're waiting for more replies, including:

Introducing Cats to Cats

Herding Cats At Home - Cat Introductions, Feline Happiness, Littebox Problems in Kittens and Spraying Males

The Multi-Cat Household