Liquid poo, fecal -, meowing when pooing

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Damita got extremely loose stools. Fecal was negative as of 5:25pm today.

Now what? Pumpkin? Can I just swipe it on the roof of her mouth until she gets enough? She won't eat it mixed with wet...

The big problem? Seems that all the cats have got the runs. No diet changes...other than a 6 oz can of wet split amongst 8 kitties last night....could the stress from me being gone on vacation cause such loose stools?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bene bac and pumkin.. could your absence caused it??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They didn't get into anything. I was gone Tuesday at 10am, back Thursday 8pm. Mom, dad, lil sis were home & mom/lil sis cared for them. 3 live strictly upstairs, 3 strictly downstairs(due to Ophelia wanting to kill female cats). The 2 foster boys are in my bedroom only downstairs. When I scooped earlier today, nothing but loose stools except for a few solid turds. Tonight, no poop. PJ(foster kitten) pooped nice & solid for the first time I've had him tonight....he's the only pooper so far.

And if loose stools, runny eyes, & Damita weren't enough, I found fleas on both PJ & Punky again!
That's a whole 'nother thread though.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Oh lord, you have your hands full! I don't know about the loose stools. Do cats pass around viruses like humans?
I am wondering that....it is possible that PJ & Punky being kittens picked up a virus from the shelter. Dory & Molly could've easily picked it up & passed it to Ophelia. Damita would get it whether she had direct contact or not.
Damita would then pass it to Twitch & Lily. I was hoping & praying it wasn't "the shelter virus" as many kittens have died from it.

kittylover77

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I got some treat samples from Castor and Pollux, they come in a pack of 6, I gave 3 to my older, 3 to my younger during a period of one day.
They both had runs for 2 days straight afterwards.

I know you are also getting some samples, perhaps they got into something while you were gone?

I just upped the wet food, while they were both sick, it seemed to help a little, although I still had to wash their cute butts a few times over.

I hope your babies feel better soon!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good point about the samples! I know Damita hasn't gotten any, but it is possible the others are getting the runs even from the Zukes cat treat samples.

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Natalie, did you just start giving them L-Lysine this past week? Or did you increase the dose or something? I thought I saw that in another thread. I ask because I started Pumpkin on it 3 days ago, 500mg/day. As of yesterday, her stools were a little loose (I didn't know who it was, but now I do). Now, this morning she's definitely got diarrhea...so I skipped the Lysine this morning. I don't know for sure that it caused it but it seems likely here. I'm going to try 250/day when her stools are normal again. I don't know.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I said I was going to increase the dosage, but I am almost out & don't want to until I buy another bottle so I don't run out. Stools are more formed, but still sorta loose. Gotta get more pumpkin, the dogs are getting some as a treat too & I'm going through it fast.

The best thing, no one has gotten dehydrated yet.

sierramarty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 10 year old Persian cat, Baxly, has recently gone back on Lysine because of upper respiratory infection and now has been having loose stool.  At this point, I don't know how much to give him.  He has had Feline Herpes for a few years now and has previously had to have eye surgery because of it.  So frustrating!   

franksmom

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My 10 year old Persian cat, Baxly, has recently gone back on Lysine because of upper respiratory infection and now has been having loose stool.  At this point, I don't know how much to give him.  He has had Feline Herpes for a few years now and has previously had to have eye surgery because of it.  So frustrating!   
Hi there and welcome to the cat site! 

The thread you are replying to is very old. You will get more help if you start your own thread about your cat's situation.

Good luck!