Lip licking cat

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
Put his water fountain in a different place to his food & litter, even in a different room.  His food should be away from both his water and his litter also.  Cats like to separate all three activities from one another.  Continue to raise his food bowl slightly up off the floor, as he my be having teeth/cheek/tongue/throat difficulties that the elevation may in some small way help to alleviate.  

Syringing water (or tuna juice) once daily is a good idea at the moment, as at least you can be 100% of his intake.  Same goes for syringing baby food at least once a day, that does not contain chicken or onion (you suspect he's not keen on chicken).  Then, you will be certain of his intake of calories.  And consider syringing olive oil, pats of butter, or cream cheese on his nose and paws, to help with easing his digestion, being high in calories, and they would kick-start his huger once his saliva and stomach juices get wind of them and start to flow.  

I'll do some research into CD for ingredients and come up with some alternative solutions for his continued feeding regime.  This might take me a short while though as I'm extremely unwell at present, and my mind isn't working as it should.  Sorry.

@nevroth  I am constantly blown-away with the exactitude of Mephi's calorie intake, you must measure everything so very precisely and have a degree in maths to work exact ratios and portions of the different foods.  Highly impressive stuff.  Puts my somewhat vague measurements of Dudley's food to embarrassing shame!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
@arouetta  is right.  Our domestic cat today started out as a small desert feline that got almost ALL of its water from prey.  And they still have that thing going.  Tricking most cats into drinking isn't easy, although a few, like Hekitty, suck back water like a camel in August.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

merlotandasti

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone! I was trying to stay off here for awhile because I always look things up & scare myself lol. But Asti has been doing so well!! He's been playing, eating, drinking, & sleeping well!! Also his litterbox habits are perfect! I'm so happy to be able to say that. He's had a few ups & downs since I last posted but he's been doing really well for 2 weeks now.

nevroth

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
HUZZAH!! That's fantastic to read 

Yes, there will always be a few ups and downs but you've seemed to manage it well!! We're here if you need us but I'm so glad that Asti's feeling and acting much better. 

merlotandasti

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
HUZZAH!! That's fantastic to read :jump:

Yes, there will always be a few ups and downs but you've seemed to manage it well!! We're here if you need us but I'm so glad that Asti's feeling and acting much better. 
Thank you! I was always thinking negatively & started having bad habits & I think it really affected Asti. I started eating more, being positive, & not hovering over him anymore & he got so much better. He still licks his nose/lips a lot & his breath has started to smell so I still think he might have a bad tooth but we'll get all that taken care of with a check up & cleaning soon enough. I'm just really happy that he's doing well again. :) :) I'd like to thank everyone once again.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Darlin, THAT is what we are here for...to help, and to be helped when we need it.  Don't be a stranger, you are one of us now, and what you went through with Asti may be exactly what someone here needs to know!   We really want you to be a part of this community, your experience is going to help someone else, sooner or later!

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Don't forget about us now that Asti is beginnig to thrive! We like to share the good stuff, too!

merlotandasti

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm about to graduate from college in a week!!! I've been so busy. I honestly didn't know if I would make it through this semester between Asti, grieving for Merlot, & all of the other "life" troubles, but here I am! It's finals week & it's making me a little sad because last semester during finals is when Merlot started getting sick. I wish he could still be here with Asti & I. But Asti is still doing very well!! He hasn't had to go to the vet for any reason. All of his habits are normal once again! & he's back to being a little glutton. Sometimes I get sad for him though. He always wants to play, but I've been so busy that I haven't had a lot of time to play with him. The other night, I had my window open & he was talking to cat outside! I think he misses his buddy a lot. I wish I could get him another little friend, but I don't think I'm ready to do that yet...

I hope everyone & their little buddies are doing really well also!!! ❤❤

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
HUGS! So happy to hear all is well with him. You can get him a buddy when your heart is easier about it, he'll be fine now that you have more time for him (or will shortly).