Lip abrasion?

dustytiger

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Should I be panicking?
My big boy vomited this morning and then, later on in the day, I noticed his upper lip had what I thought might be a scratch on it, but it doesn't quite look like one.
IMG_20200823_102757076.jpg

I also have this video that shows a couple different angles because he wouldn't stay still for more photos
Here's the video

He's eaten and drank water since, and has not vomited again in the past four hours.
He's had sort of a weird lip thing before, that was similar to this but not as intense, but he's something of a little hunter and had eaten a centipede that day so we thought it was something to do with that and that maybe it had bitten him. I have no idea what could be the cause this time.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Centipedes do not bite but they can sting. It's hard to say if this caused the abrasion on his upper lip. I'm guessing the vomiting earlier this morning has nothing to do with his lip especially since you mentioned he's eaten again and not thrown up. I would suggest contacting your vet and possibly sending a pic of his upper lip to them. Also mention the centipede so they have all the necessary information. I know it's been more difficult to see a vet since Covid but if you can send a pic perhaps they can advise whether he needs to be seen or not. Keep an eye on him and if there are any sudden changes notify the vet of them as well. Best of luck, please keep us posted on his progress. :alright:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm just going to second neely neely 's advice here. Also, if you can send the video, it is a better shot of what might be a rodent ulcer on his upper lip. They're fairly easily treatable, so let's hope it is something like that!