Lint and Lmyn going raw

owleeii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
http://www.catinfo.org/?link=makingcatfood#The_Recipe

I like the recipient on this site, it does seem a tad confusing but I could figure it out.

I was wondering if anyone had any type of feed back, positive or negative on this :)

My main reason for switching was my cats are getting awful gas and watery poos. They checked healthy at the vet so I did sone reading on line and found that many other people had this issue with blue buffalo foods.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

owleeii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I like cooking and I want to eat better so my cats should too! I'm finding sourcing rabbits difficult. I mean I can't go to pets mart once a week and buy a rabbit lol

roguethecat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
hey, you're lucky they like rabbit... cheapest I could find (if you don't live close to a rabbitry) is if you are able to buy in bulk from hare-today. This has the added advantage that Tracy there really cares about them and you can be sure they were well treated and never suffered.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
http://www.catinfo.org/?link=makingcatfood#The_Recipe

I like the recipient on this site, it does seem a tad confusing but I could figure it out.

I was wondering if anyone had any type of feed back, positive or negative on this

My main reason for switching was my cats are getting awful gas and watery poos. They checked healthy at the vet so I did sone reading on line and found that many other people had this issue with blue buffalo foods.
I use the chicken thighs recipe, and once I'm gainfully employed I'll be trying rabbit as well.  I also use this recipe for boneless pork and other meats.  I use eggshell as a calcium source when I use boneless meats.

My cats had terrible diarrhea on canned.  I was picking litter boxes sometimes 4 boxes a day and going through cans of Febreeze.  I did fecals, sent off to labs, etc.  Tried every med.  My house reeked and my cats didn't feel good.  I finally said to the vet that I had nothing to lose and wanted to try raw, even though he wasn't real keen on it.  I literally threw raw chicken on the floor and watched them go crazy eating it.  In 24 hours the diarrhea resolved in all 3 cats.  I donated the cans to the shelter and never looked back.  People come to my house and the first thing they say, "I seriously cannot smell 'cat' in your house."  I've laughed back at them, "Good!  I haven't picked the litter box in 5 days."  Hey school got rough here and there and I never said I was a role model.