Links Broken Leg.... still

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Valerian is a sedative; however, if you look online about its treatment in cats, you'll mostly find reports of it being a stimulant. I find this odd and extremely misleading. It's definitely a calmative and sedative.

Catnip does indeed affect different cats differently, and it also affects the same cat differently at different times. For example, Brian would roll gleefully around in piles of it and slobber all over toys until soggy rags, but the bowl I left in the kitchen for him to self-regulate was used to take the edge off whatever was concerning him, be that mental or physical, and chill him out. He would just have a mouthful here and there, as needed. Incidentally, catnip is psychoactive and mildly hallucinogenic, as is the humble spider plant, which cats are also attracted to nibble on. Intrepid psychonauts, cats....
Thanks for the above explanation @brian007. It's good information to know.:caticon:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
He still has a minor limp and is holding it oddly. But it seems to be less then before and I am hoping for a slow and steady continuing of his recovery.

20170506_131840.jpg