Lindt 99% cocoa chocolate

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sarah, sounds like you're going to have to take up triathalons again just to get rid of the chocolate weight!
I would most definitely love to eat my through several European countries - Italy, Austria, and France.
I had never heard of the 99% before. Sounds interesting.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Yup, you're right: all the Quady wines are nice. I have a special fondness for the Elysium, as it was the first of them that I met -- in circumstances in which I needed a lift -- and that discovery gave it to me.

The Intense Orange is one of our favourites. We like a little sweet after dinner, but often don't want anything too sweet/heavy. There's always a bar or two of Lindt in the chocolate basket on the kitchen table and at those times we have a square or two with the last of our wine, and are well satisfied. Have you run into the Creation series? The Chili Cherry one is a nice change.
Where you get the Chili Cherry at?
Here is Quady's Website (http://www.quadywinery.com/wines.html)
It is in Madera which is about 1 Hour and 20 Mins from me.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone here watch the Science Channel or any of the other Discovery Channels? I'm pretty sure it was on How It's Made (or one of the similar shows), but they had and episode that was at a Lindt factory - they made flavors I've never seen before. They, like other high quality chocolate makers, add the real cocoa butter back and mix the chocolate a lot to make it very very smooth.

I'm with those who prefer milk chocolate.
I've tried the 70 and 85% kinds before, I just can't handle them - my MIL loves dark chocolate though so she was happy to have what I couldn't eat.
My taste buds are too sensitive to anything bitter, sour, or spicy - I'm also one of those people that can taste a food(or even smell) and usually be able to tell you everything that was added to it.

One things for certain, I can't eat cheap chocolate now - it tastes horrible, fake, and actually sort of burns my mouth and throat. It's amazing how I could eat that stuff as a child. I guess we don't notice things like that when we're little?

Hmm, this thread reminded me that there's some chocolate ice cream in the freezer.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
70 percent is as high as I can tolerate. My BF however really likes the 80%+ stuff.... I also have a sensitivity to bitterness.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

Where you get the Chili Cherry at?
Lindt in general is available all over the place here; I think the Creations line is relatively new and it isn't everywhere, but I ran into it in London Drugs, and have since seen it in my neighbourhood supermarket (not a chain), so I imagine it won't be long before it's as readily available as the rest. Here's the Cherry Chili

bad_kitty2001

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have tried those 99% Lindt. I love all kinds of the lindt chocolates. I just love the way they melt in your mouth! I had one that was a holiday edition and was in a blue and white wrapper. Milk chocolate outside with creamy white in the middle. So Yummy! I also love the Quady wines. I don't think I have found one I didnt like.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Sprungli sells these things called Luxembergeli's which are divine. They look like oreo-style cookies, but the biscuit part is very light and almost meringue like with a cream filling. It's melt in your mouth delicious and literally had us groaning in taste ecstasy - and DH usually isn't fond of sweet stuff.
And yes - I ate my way through Zurich...
i looked at those - they look interesting! what are the different flavors? the website was in something other than English...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There was champagne, caramel, mocca, citron, raspberry, hazelnut, vanilla, Baileys, chocolate, cinnamon ans raspberry. Raspberry, baileys and the citron were the best

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

There was champagne, caramel, mocha, citron, raspberry, hazelnut, vanilla, Baileys, chocolate, cinnamon and raspberry. Raspberry, Baileys and the citron were the best
maybe those were the best... but i'd want to try the caramel, hazelnut, mocha, cinnamon, champagne, chocolate & vanilla ones, too!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

There was champagne, caramel, mocca, citron, raspberry, hazelnut, vanilla, Baileys, chocolate, cinnamon ans raspberry. Raspberry, baileys and the citron were the best
Sounds like some Serious Yums there too.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've cooked with 99% in the past. It's nice because I can buy a huge bar of it and use cut my use nearly by two thirds. However, not everyone likes the strong taste of it.

I'd go out and buy a nice bottle of desert wine, grab some 99%, and enjoy to your hearts content.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the little Balls and like the White one the best. I used to live by the See's Candy factory and would smell them making the Chocolate. We also had the Hersheys Factory in Oakdale but they closed last year. Another Candy Factory but the building. We are lucky w can get all kinds of Candies here.