Lily's Nesting Nook...let me know what you think!!!!

andrea742

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Her bed looks very comfy

LOL hope she uses it. Way back when I was a kid we had a cat that was getting ready to have kittens. My sister and I made her a nice warm place to have kittens. Well she wound up having them on the bed

I bet her babies are going to be really cute!! Can't wait to see them

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually FLAT newspaper is better - if its too bumpy she won't be able to really clean/nurse the kittens very well. The flatter the better. Even on the pillowcase/blanket one - I kept it flat - was much easier to nurse the kittens.

As long as you have a nice cushion under the cat/babies you don't have to "fluff them up"

kerzel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I wouldn't worry too much about where she is going to have them, as long as you have her confined to one room.

When Darcy was in labour last week she moved around a lot, even when pushing. She started in my bedside cupboard, then went under the bed, then next to the bed and for the final pushes she went into my wicker laundry basket.

Once the first kitten was born, I picked both her and the kitten out and put them in the nesting box I'd prepared. She had the other two kittens in there and has kept them there ever since.

Darcy didn't really nest so don't worry if she's not showing signs. It could just be her style!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IMO its better to confine them as much as possible and not let them have one here and one there. Not only is the blood all over the place, but the fact is you might not find a kitten or it gets stuck where mom can't get it. Its a heck of a lot safer to get them to have them all in one place.

That's why when breeding my queens were kept in a very large cage!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

IMO its better to confine them as much as possible and not let them have one here and one there. Not only is the blood all over the place, but the fact is you might not find a kitten or it gets stuck where mom can't get it. Its a heck of a lot safer to get them to have them all in one place.

That's why when breeding my queens were kept in a very large cage!
Well my guilt is letting me keep her in JUST the bedroom that is her place. I can't lock her in her cage...I feel just too bad about it.
I just wish she'd get this over with..........

Everytime I'm all stressed out and checking on her 92387439874 times a day!!!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cage I'm talking about is like that really big level ferret cage. Its very roomy; has levels with shelves. Would guess the size to be about 4 feet long, 3 1/2 feet wide and a good 5 feet tall.

It was good for isolating cats who just came in, who might be sick and you need a sample of poop, etc. Came in handy for a lot of reasons. Also worked as a playpen for kittens

richi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Any signs of her being in labor?lol.Im so anxious for you.well hope everything turns out well.

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Nope.

Those kittens just don't seem to want to come outta there!!!!

I'm sick of stressing.....I just check on her every couple of hours and make sure she's eating and going about her business...and of course give her lots of pets, hugs -n- kisses!

I'm glad it's taken so long, because when I first started thinking she would be "any second now", I was STRESSSSSSSED OUTTTTT about it. Now I'm a lot calmer....but it seems like EVERYONE has had their kittens except my Lily!!!!

richi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Anything yet? dang i thought they were gonna be born last week.haha.well at least you're not stressing.Can we see some pics of her,to see how big she is now?

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by richi

Anything yet? dang i thought they were gonna be born last week.haha.well at least you're not stressing.Can we see some pics of her,to see how big she is now?
You and me both!!!!

Those lil babies must be comfy in there and not wanna come out!!!

Here's my girl being her sweet self (when she's NOT having a massive pregnant mood swing!!!
)

p.s.~~~>TCS: the only place I post pictures of myself sans make-up.