Likely No Softball League For Me This Summer

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe

I moved and couldn't get into a softball league this year. I left my name in a pool of many others. One complex got sold to a developer, so all the teams in that league either quit or signed up for this other league, which made it even harder yet.

On Monday this week, I went to the first season game anyway to see if any teams needed players. They all had overflowing rosters and I was impressed to see that it was a competitive enough league. One team had players that were late, so they let me play a bit. I didn't play so good at first, but started to get the lead out. Then my ankle started to feel like it had four screws and a plate in it. Oh wait... it does!
(I broke it this past winter.)

My ankle's been sore all week, so I saw no point in limping to the other games asking for a roster spot. -not bloody likely anyway. I figure on Monday it will be all better again and the next bout of soreness will be shorter, but it's already too late. There's a silver lining though.
Instead of laying off the weights like I normally do for softball season, I'll keep at a higher intensity and do batting and fielding practice with my sister's fiance, (I love BP
) and by next year I'll be in even better shape! The social aspect of my life will be lacking a bit, but I feel a lot better about it now than I did a few days ago, Wish me luck!
Aaaw sweetie!! That's a bummer your silver lining is a metal plate in your ankle....
That's what you get for doing silly things like breaking it, isn't it? I'm so glad to hear that you've got the get up and go to do somethign about it and see if you can train yourself back up again... just don't over-do it though eh hun? We could do without more pictures to edit in photoshop! (Although we might be able to pursuade you into wearing the pink plastercast this time though.....)

Good luck with it all. OH and by the way, I love the Pirates of the Carribean reference... I FINALLY saw that movie a while ago... loved it!