Like an endless heart attack!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

How about old time radio shows, that would be from his youth, young adult years? Radio Spirits (google the name sells these on cd. My dh loves these (Philip Marlowe etc.) so I buy them as presents for him.

Anything that is comedy from those years as well, nothing more special than a good laugh

We did the radio shows for my Gram when she was in her last year, and she adored them.
THAT is a fabulous idea! What about TV shows? There are collections out there now on DVD that have George & Gracie - was he ever a fan of W.C. Fields? We love International House, My Little Chickadee and Bank Dick - all available on DVD.

Laurie

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Music!

When Jess's grandmother was in the hospital in her final weeks, she liked to have music played for her or to be sung to. There's something profoundly comforting about people you love singing to you, even if they're not particularly talented.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Carol, I missed this thread until today. I was actually just thinking that you must be having your surgery about now, and here it was.

I'm glad the operation went well, and sorry that you're in pain. Sending you many vibes that it gets better soon.

Music was also a great comfort to my father-in-law when he was at the end of his life. He especially enjoyed the big band music from the WWII era. (In fact, we have quite a story involving Count Bassie, but it's too long to relate here.)

I think the most important thing is that you're there for him, and that you enjoy the time you have left with him.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Carol, i'm gonna ask, 'cause i can't remember - does he have pancreatic cancer? that's what my grandmother had...
nutrition-wise, try adding some of your protein powder to those eggnogs.