Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Light Blue

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I just got an email about these garden sculptures and now I want one! :lol: They are about 3 feet tall and the globes are 3, 4, and 5 inches.

8594303_1137.jpg

8594304_949_bottle-bush-tree-and-glass-art-globes-set.jpg

I'm leaning towards the light blue. Most of the glass in my gardens (yes, I tend toward a lot of glass instead of pottery, etc) are primary colors. I'm not exactly sure where I would put it yet, but once we paint the front of the house it will be dark grey. If it goes in one of the gardens in the backyard, there is a lot of green foliage in them and I wonder if the dark blue will get lost. But, I also wonder if the light blue will start to look washed out after a while.

Thoughts?

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Does the colored glass fade? If so, I would probably go with the dark.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Nice! I'd go with the dark, too, though. I like the darker blues, especially with your gray house.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the light blue but the dark might be of more contrast. They're both beautiful.

Those look just like fancy Christmas ornaments. You might check online to see if you can find them and make whatever color you want. The wire is regular wire and again, you can twist it in any way you want.

Do you have a bottle tree?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Love the dark blue, it's such a vivid rich color.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Aaron, who never rarely gives his opinion on anything decor-related, likes the lighter blue, so I think that i what we'll be going with.

Thanks for your opinions everyone. :)

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Wow, now that I see this pic it is pretty awful. :lol: It's from my phone, zoomed in from my upstairs bathroom window. I'll get a better picture later.

IMG_7114.JPG

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I think it's lovely. I love the strip gardens. I still have so much work to do-I let the weeds take over last summer and with my foot injury I wasn't able to crawl around and pull weeds but I attempted this week to work on it. I like the blue globes=looks lovely! looks like a perfect place to read a book under that big tree!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I like it! I think the only better option would have been mixing the light and dark. But overall the light blue is my favorite!
I like that idea! Too bad I didn't have that option.

Better picture , please ignore all the weeds.

IMG_7121.JPG

The also had the purple globe spike things on sale so I bought a small one to go with my large one -

IMG_7122.JPG

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Those are neat!

I'm still looking for something for my new shade garden. Where do you find your pieces? I'm trying to find something to represent my Grandma but nothing has struck my fancy yet. I think it might be hard to do. :lol:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've been looking for a reason to go into Home Goods. I just always have kids with me so I've been afraid it would be more stressful than enjoyable.