Life's little mysteries

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Oh, and I like the wormhole idea. Now I'm picturing all these people in the alternate universe coming up with extra socks and going crazy. Or, are WE getting THEIR extra socks, and thinking they are ours without mates...? Hmmmmm.....
That would be something!

About the tea, though. If I have my way it sits out until it has to be put up. I like my teat chilled over ice in my glass, not prechilled. Even when it's been sitting out to cool down it still changes flavor.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by otto

Why can't I pour coffee out of the coffee pot into my coffee mug without spilling it?
But the one that really bugs me the most is the coffee spilling
you obviously have one of those 'state of the art' dribble carafes!

i put 1/8 of a teaspoon of baking soda in w/the tea bags when i brew mine [i use a drip coffeemaker that's ONLY used for tea] & that prevents clouding. read about it somewhere...

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by otto

Why can't I pour coffee out of the coffee pot into my coffee mug without spilling it?
I am convinced this is a vicious commie Chinese conspiracy!

Oh, wait, I know that sounds crazy. But let me explain!

I had an old "Mr. Coffee" coffeemaker for many years. Worked just fine. I even replaced the carafe once when it got broken. Standard size and shape, no problem.

Then, a few months ago, it got broken again. The only replacement carafes available were a different size and shape. So, to be able to use one of those, I had to buy a replacement filter holder. And, I found, the carafe must have been made in "Uncle Bob's Joke Factory," and it was intended to be a "dribble glass." I could NOT pour a clean stream out of it. I finally gave up and got a new coffee maker.

And, while the carafe is better, it's still not as good as that Mr. Coffee carafe that I had used for about 10 years.

sk_pacer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why are there earworms?? Today's choice - Seven Nation Army by White Stripes
Why does the long haired cat with fluffy white feet HAVE to paw at the wet coffee grounds before you can close the garbage can?

As to the socks in the dryer, I know where they go - they get blown between the drum and the seal and end up in the body of the dryer. Worked at appliance repair for a while, and found. lodged in one dryer: baby clothes, socks, underwear including an underwire bra and a long knitted scarf which is what caused the help call in the first place. The scarf was wound around the motor and smoking.
Used to spill coffee too, but since this newest carafe, very little spilling.