Life With Tumbles

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tumbles has grown into a very handsome young man kitty and is definitely a joy to have in our home. While he's not the most affectionate kitty and doesn't particularly care to be snuggled and he doesn't snuggle with us in bed, he still has his own fun little ways to show affection that make me smile and make me so happy that we adopted him and brought him into our family.

When I come home from work in the evenings, he's usually waiting in the living room for me. He will jump up onto the game table we have between 2 chairs in the front window, flop over, and wait to be petted.

When I come in from working out in the yard, he chirps and runs to greet me, if he's not laying on the hutch looking out the glass door for me.

If he's laying on the floor and I start talking to him, he'll start flopping his head around and eventually roll over and go spotted belly up for me. I can't rub his tummy, but he will let me rub his chest between his front legs, his neck, jaw, and ears.

Sometimes, when I come in from outside, he'll run to the mat in front of the stove, do the "stop, drop, and flop" and invite me to love on him, all the while purring.

At night, he'll join us on the bed, but he'll only lay at the foot. If we move around too much, he'll jump down and lay in the kitty bed by our bed.

Lots of time, if I'm in the bathroom, he'll come into the bathroom and lay down on the counter and hang out with me until I'm finished. Sometimes, when I'm getting ready in the morning, he'll just come in and sit on the toilet while I'm brushing my teeth and such (lid down, of course).

Whenever I lay down for a nap in the afternoon, I wake to find Tumbles sleeping on the towel in the windowsill by my nightstand.

I just love this little boy!! So glad he's in my life!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
AWW Tumbles is a sweet little guy
. I just love how these kitties show affection, even when they are not the most cuddly, in your lap cats. Perkins and Perla are like that. Definitely not lap cats or snugglers. But do keep me company all day and stay pretty close. My Presley does the same thing that Tumbles does, the drop and roll. Presley will turn his head and take a dive down and roll to be pet. It is adorable. Although, Presley is my lovebug and lap kitty too. Out kitties make our life so full of love

calvin&i

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awwww - what a nice boy!

You are both lucky to have each other!

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad you are enjoying him. It will soon be his "gotcha" day. Any plans for celebrating? LOL Please post a photo!!!!

Cally

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We love him immensely! Such a delightful little guy and very well behaved, most of the time!
Yes, his rescue day is FRIDAY (7/1) and then his gotcha day is 7/13. Nothing special planned, but I did order him some new toys yesterday!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree - I love how they show their affection, even if they're not "lap cat cuddly" kitties.
Tuxie is just like that with the bed... and the stop, drop and roll is just toooooooo sweet! (Billy does that - but we're allowed to pet the tummy).

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Then what a difference a year makes. Fifty two weeks ago tonight we were riding home from swim practice in a flash flood and found a kitty. Now we're in a horrible heat wave/drought and hopefully will NOT find a kitty tonight! If we do.....we know who to call!

Tumbles is so lucky to have you!